One year of running

Options
I ran my first 5k April of 2014 and it took me 45 minutes to complete. I was 174 pounds. I decided then, enough was enough, time to get this figured out. I'm only 22! So I started running with my dad who runs 3-4 times a week. He worked with me until had a foot injury and I ran with my friends. One mile became two miles and two miles became three. In July of 2014, I decided, what the hell sign up for a half marathon! I kept running through the heat and everyone telling me I wouldn't be able to do it. The half marathon was in October 2014. Six months after my first 5k I completed a half marathon in 2 hours and 20 minutes. Slow, but completed. I weighed 145 at that time. Down 29 pounds. Fast forward to April 2015. I ran another 5k in 26:30 almost 20 minutes faster than the year prior. I currently weigh 133. A total loss of 41 pounds. Set your mind to it and you can do anything!igcgkbj1a8p5.jpg
xo6rddwayzhi.jpg

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great determination renders great results!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on the weight loss and running a half-marathon!
  • carlamenzione
    carlamenzione Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ur legs r fabulous!
  • smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm so impressed at how much you have accomplished.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You look good! Congrats!
  • livluvlift
    livluvlift Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Loved this! I'm a noobie to running, I run a VERY slow 2k. Stories like these make me want to keep pushing!
  • seoulman12
    seoulman12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great , inspirational! I've always wanted to be a runner. I admire those that do.What is your diet like? How many miles do you run a week?
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great.
  • crossfit_chrissie
    crossfit_chrissie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great! :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Currently working on my run game, you're a great inspiration :smiley:
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WTG! I have done a few 5ks and now working on my first 10k in Sept! Next step half marathon! Thanks for sharing your story!! Feel free to add me everyone so we run, sweat, encourage and lose weight together!
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    keep it up in the long term!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm super inspired!
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing!!
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Awesome work!! I too am becoming a runner! my goal is to complete a half marathon! Do you strength train as well? any specific plans you follow?
    thanks for sharing!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! Glad to hear you figuring this out at a young age!!! Many more healthier years ahead of you!
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!