Less carbs?

Options
HI everyone!
I'm getting frustrated with myself because I'm working out hard for me 50-60 minutes aerobics with weights 6 days a week and I have been eating back some of my exercise calories at most a hundred and yet the scales not budging I've lost an inch in my waist but not weight should I cut back on more carbs ? I noticed I'm eating between 5 and 6 carbs with all my meals. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You should cut back on calories

Or at least weigh your food and log accurately

Losing weight is through diet you can't out-exercise

(Eats 250-300 carbs a day)
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My suggestion will be different from everyone else's, but I lost over 25 pounds when I increased my carb intake and cut the fat. Like by a lot. I started eating lots of whole foods (fruit, whole grains, rice, potatoes, etc.) and stopped cooking with oil/eating high fat foods. The weight came off pretty quickly, without me having to exercise excessively.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My suggestion will be different from everyone else's, but I lost over 25 pounds when I increased my carb intake and cut the fat. Like by a lot. I started eating lots of whole foods (fruit, whole grains, rice, potatoes, etc.) and stopped cooking with oil/eating high fat foods. The weight came off pretty quickly, without me having to exercise excessively.

This is about calories too
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can try low carb for a week or two. However you still have to count calories and weigh your food. Open your diary to the public.
  • jessica_sodenkamp
    jessica_sodenkamp Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I get a kick out of MFP every time I complete my diary. It tells me if I continue eating how I do, I'll gain 5-10 pounds in two weeks. I haven't gained weight since who knows when. I used to gain easily before I changed my diet, but I've lost weight and maintained it. I eat 2000-2500 calories/day and don't regularly exercise. Conclusion: not all calories are created equal. 2000 calories from burgers might make you gain fat, but not 2000 calories from whole plant foods.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!
    I'm getting frustrated with myself because I'm working out hard for me 50-60 minutes aerobics with weights 6 days a week and I have been eating back some of my exercise calories at most a hundred and yet the scales not budging I've lost an inch in my waist but not weight should I cut back on more carbs ? I noticed I'm eating between 5 and 6 carbs with all my meals. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

5 and 6 grams of carbs per meal ? or something else. If grams then that's as low as practically anyone eats eg Atkins induction is 20 grams per day.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I get a kick out of MFP every time I complete my diary. It tells me if I continue eating how I do, I'll gain 5-10 pounds in two weeks. I haven't gained weight since who knows when. I used to gain easily before I changed my diet, but I've lost weight and maintained it. I eat 2000-2500 calories/day and don't regularly exercise. Conclusion: not all calories are created equal. 2000 calories from burgers might make you gain fat, but not 2000 calories from whole plant foods.

If MFP thinks you'll gain weight then it's just because its estimate of your TDEE is wrong. TDEE is only an estimate after all, they're not gonna be perfect for everyone. Some people will burn more calories per day, some people will burn less.

Also, gain 5-10lbs in two weeks? I thought all MFP's projection estimates were for 5 weeks.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!

You are loosing inches, so the diet is working for you and the exercise. I would not worry about the scales, but track the inch losses. Personally I'd happily stay at my current weight if the inches would just melt away.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Real conclusion: MFP's "you'll weigh X in Y days" message is useless, whether it "predicts" losses or gains.

If 2000 calories from burgers makes you gain weight, 2000 calories from whole plant foods will make you gain weight.

• peterb78
    peterb78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're losing fat and gaining muscle. Thats why you're losing inches but not weight. It's a good thing.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    peterb78 wrote: »
    You're losing fat and gaining muscle. Thats why you're losing inches but not weight. It's a good thing.
    How much muscle do you think a woman eating at a deficit is gaining, exactly?

• LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everybody! I'll try some of the suggestions and see if anything changes. How do I open my diary? Thanks for the info :)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

All da musclez bro!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everybody! I'll try some of the suggestions and see if anything changes. How do I open my diary? Thanks for the info :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings - bottom left (scroll down) set to Public
  • LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

ITS OVER 9000