Weight bouncing up

Options
Alrighty. So, right now I weigh 168lbs. I want to lose 15 lbs in about three months. I was down to 165 but in a matter of a week I gained 3lbs. :(

I'm not entirely convinced its bad weight. I have been doing a mix of cardio and weight training everyday. I use a Polar HRM to track my calorie burn and I usually eat back the calories I burn since I have my caloric intake set at 1200 a day. I really don't have excessive muscle soreness, usually lasts 1-2 days. So I don't think my muscles "swelling" is causing me to retain that much water.

When I started using this app again I weighed 168.5 (I used it in the past, but I was working out, breast feeding, eating the bare minimal so when I stopped breast feeding the weight packed on baaaaad) I dropped down to 165 but started going to the gym and the weight packed on again. I really don't think I've gained that much muscle. And I really don't think I'm retaining that much water. Am I just reading into it too much? I've been using this app for the past 20 days straight. So I'm feeling a little discouraged

Replies

• LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's possibly hormones fluctuating? Just a thought :) plus sometimes I wonder if stress effects in that area too...
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Your muscles can retain water without them being sore. You should try checking your scale every 2 weeks if it's making you this anxious, because water weight fluctuations are pretty normal.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Keep eating at a deficit and working out. Give it time.
  • meganlyn1992
    meganlyn1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LisaAnn, I doubt it's my hormones. I know you gain water weight about a week befor you start your period. But that's when I was weighing less. And yea, maybe I am over thinking all of this. I have just been busting my *kitten* trying to get in shape for the military. According to my recruiter their standards have changed. And they base it on the size of your waist. So I am small enough, but I want to be more fit. That's why I set my weight loss goal at 15lbs. I know I should probably lose closer to 30 though. I just want to lose a minimum of 15 lbs, be able to run 1 1/2 miles in 13 mins (requirements are set at 15 mins 30 seconds, I'm at 14 mins 45 seconds) but I'm not able to meet the push-up an sit up requirements yet. But I really want to lose this extra weight to make boot camp a little easier on me.