Working nights destroy my healthy day! Need help and suggestions

Options
As if it's not bad enough I'm in that dreaded plateau area and struggling to not let it discourage me.
The nights I work, I work till 11:00 pm. Since those night are later (and longer) than my days off with classes and such I wind up STARVING by the end of the night and wind up sabotaging my great and healthy day because i just "grab" junk. If I didn't start my day so early I would be ok, but starting a good portion of my days at 5:30/7:00 am and running till 11:00/12:00 pm I wind up starving and having minimal, if any calories at night.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Sleep deprivation is probably the main reason. I would try reallocating my calories for 4 meals instead of three and planning the longer work days that way. Good luck and be sure to make up sleep when ever you can.
  • TakingBackLife31
    TakingBackLife31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Alone with sleep it's important to fuel you body as well. If you get one without the other your body will go into a starvation mode.. If you can bring some snacks with you that have a balance of protein / carbs / fat, you'll notice that you're body will start to respond that way that you want it to. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. Add me if you like.
  • 1linde
    1linde Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you mean you have no calories left? "and running till 11:00/12:00 pm I wind up starving and having minimal, if any calories at night." My job has different shifts and my most challenging schedule was ending at 11pm. Even if I had dinner during my meal break I still wanted to eat after work so maybe habit so it was important to budget my calories throughout the day. I find protein snacks and foods work the best for . Try to keep some easy to prepare or ready to eat foods on hand as an alternative to junk food. Preplanning your food may resolve things for you.

I gained a lot of weight changing schedules and finally am on track losing and for me tracking honestly and planning keeping good options on hand works.
  • TakingBackLife31
    TakingBackLife31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I appreciate everyone's input. I've been doing my best to start planning more meals 4 meals a day with snacks in between. I successfully made it though last night and left not hungry. Focused a lot on my protein intake since that seems to play a big part in my blood sugar crashing at night.

Thank you all again! :)