Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie Cycling Diet Help

Hey guys.
Recently I have started to cycle my calories according to a eating plan. The owner/maker of this plan reccomended me 1350 cals on my high-deficit days and 2050 cals on my low-deficit days. But I dont seem to lose weight or inches. Should I up my cals a bit?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited August 2015
    How long have you been doing it? What are your stats (age, height, weight) and your average daily calorie intake? Do you eat back your exercise calories? How accurately do you track calories - do you weigh all your food? Can you open your diary?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    How long? If it is days, continue. If it is several weeks, you are eating too much. A lot depends on your age, height and weight. For me, what you average would be above maintenance I suspect, for someone else it might be too little..
  • indierockmoans
    indierockmoans Posts: 7 Member
    Ive been using it for month or two. I started out using 1950 cals on high-deficit days and 2500 on low-deficit days and it worked pretty well to me, but after I mailed the author and he reccomended me 1350/2050 I lowered myself to 2050/1550.
    I do track them exactly, I weigh my food.
    I started out at 113-114 kilos, now my weigh is oscilating around 111-110.5 kilos and it cant seem to go lower. My height is 168 cm and Im 19.
  • indierockmoans
    And I dont eat back my exercise calories.
  • DemoraFairy
    As in, you've been stuck around 111-110.5 for a month or two? How many high calorie/low calorie days do you have (so we can work out your average)? Can you open your diary?
  • indierockmoans
    Yeah, but I havent filled out my diary for the past few days. I have high-deficit for three days and low-deficit for four. Ill open it in a sec
  • indierockmoans
    Its open now :)
  • DemoraFairy
    edited August 2015
    So an average of 1750 per day, right?

Looking through your diary it doesn't look like you're weighing everything. You have entries like '3 larges eggs', lots are in spoons or slices or cups, none of these are completely accurate. For example, just take the egg - the entry that you use says 71 calories per egg. I have an egg for breakfast each day, I wouldn't say they're particularly large, and they're usually about 90-100 calories. So that's 30 calories you might not be counting, and that's 1 ingredient of 1 meal, and if you had 3 of them that's 90 calories unaccounted for. If you're not losing my first recommendation would be to tighten up your logging. Weigh everything you can for a few more weeks and see how it goes.
  • indierockmoans
    Oh, okay. Thank you :)