Got Ground Turkey

Options
ValerieGaniron
ValerieGaniron Posts: 37 Member
SO I have Ground Turkey at home thawing out.... and I have absolutely no idea what to make tonight. lol IDEAS?!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers, meatloaf, meatballs, Bolognese, plain old turkey burgers, tacos.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I like it in tacos and burritos best. What do you do with ground beef?
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yup, whatever you use ground beef for, you can use ground turkey. I think turkey meatballs taste a lot better than beef meatballs. Ground turkey in marinara sauce is good too. It's great in stir fry.
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    All we cook with is ground Turkey! lol We had turkey burgers monday, and were having turkey meatloaf tomorrow. I meant to sit out Chicken, but totally sat out turkey and ruined my meals plans for the week haha
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I like cooking ground turkey or ground chicken .....chop up waterchestnuts, tomatoes and avocado ..put it on beds of lettuce add some low sodium soy sauce and roll it up
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=692170
    I personally can't have this for food allergies, but people at work loved this recipe!
  • drinkingkitten
    drinkingkitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sweet and sour turkey meatballs! Use this recipe and just substitute the sausages for turkey. I make it all the time and it's so good! http://cookingwithkam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/lorraine-pascales-sweet-and-sour-pork.html
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Take
    1/2 onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic minced
    Cook in A pan till softsoft then let cool

Thaw out a box of spinach and ring all of the moisture out.
    Get 4 ounces crumbled feta and put the spinach and onion mixture into a bowl with the turkey. Add 1/2 tsp cumin and some salt and pepper. Make into patties and cook in a pan, streaming them with the lid on once you flip tjhem. Best turkey burger ever. Serve with a yogurt, mint, lemon and cucmber sauce.
  • 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I used ground turkey today. I cooked it in the skillet then used the taco seasoning mix. I put some crumbles on top of a salad for a taco salad type thing. For dinner I put it in a tortilla.
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    I used ground turkey today. I cooked it in the skillet then used the taco seasoning mix. I put some crumbles on top of a salad for a taco salad type thing. For dinner I put it in a tortilla.

That's exactly what I ended up doing!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love the italian seasoned ground turkey for omeletes.....taco flavored ground turkey for tacos/burritos Yum
  • fletchsc
    fletchsc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make these asian turkey meatballs a lot, they are fantastic, also good leftover for lunch!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/01/asian-turkey-meatballs-with-lime-sesame.html
  • NinstonBiller
    NinstonBiller Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Man we have ground turkey at least 2 times a week in my home. Limitless opportunities.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    chili. burgers.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have a black bean and turkey chili that my family raves over.
  • 20paws
    20paws Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili....yum. Just add extra onion and garlic... I shred in carrot to add sweet. I also sneak in loads of veggies by way of the grater...peppers, zucchini , squash, whatever is in the fridge! Mash up some dark red beans in place of the paste... Which is loaded with sugar.
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili, Turkey meatballs, Greek Turkey Meatballs, Turkey burgers, Haystack dinner, Asian turkey lettuce cups.