Do you add alcohol to your food diary

Options

Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't drink a lot but when I do...I log it until I am not able to anymore or don't care :D Drunk munchies...usually no.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    you can read mine, I log it. I drink 1-2 times a week and usually wine.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    Of course...except when I drink too much.
    :o
    In such cases, I just log in all booze swilled to excess as "organic green tea with honey".
    It makes me feel more saintly!
    o:)

Aaaaand I'm still laughing. :)
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    I have so many little health issues that make having an alcoholic bev a real treat. (Mental list: No migraine? Check. No fibro meds? Check. No CFS this week? Check. Calorie space for it? Check!) Gosh darnit, I'm gonna have one when the opportunity presents and record the heck outta that thing!
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of making a section in your log fit alcoholic beverages. So you can see how much of an impact that has on your nutrition as a whole.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    pinkys008 wrote: »
    I like the idea of making a section in your log fit alcoholic beverages. So you can see how much of an impact that has on your nutrition as a whole.

I don't think it has much of an impact on my nutrition, but it definitely helps me figure out how much I drink on average.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yup always add everything...especially alcohol. A couple of beers add up way too quickly...i find myself wanting real food more than a drink now however when I know I'm going out I will save calories for alcohol.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I drink an ounce of whiskey most nights (only skip it if I am unwell, or if I sub in cider or rum). Depending on the proof, that's between 60 and 100 calories. I definitely log it.

That said, an ounce will last me an hour or two, easy. Working on a dram of Glendronach 12 right now, as a matter of fact. It's my treat to myself for surviving another day. ;)
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I drink an ounce of whiskey most nights (only skip it if I am unwell, or if I sub in cider or rum). Depending on the proof, that's between 60 and 100 calories. I definitely log it.

That said, an ounce will last me an hour or two, easy. Working on a dram of Glendronach 12 right now, as a matter of fact. It's my treat to myself for surviving another day. ;)

That's a great whiskey! I love a good whiskey :)
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every drink. Sometimes, the beers I drink aren't in the DB, but I just try to find a similar style beer.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    if it has calories, it goes in the diary... alcohol included
  • Anger67
    Anger67 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do, and mostly I try to plan for the calories by consuming less food carbs for that day so it doesn't hurt my daily intake.
  • rlr5072
    rlr5072 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep, I definitely add it! This has caused me to drink alcohol less since I began logging. I'd rather have my calories in solid form. There are days where I don't mind if I exceed my goal with drinking every once in awhile, but otherwise it just doesn't fit as much into my lifestyle. My daily goal is on the lower side and it's hard to find enough room to include it. If I do, it's usually one drink and I try to drink it slowly to really enjoy it!
  • loiscoles
    loiscoles Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I always add my alcohol and mixers the best I can. I don't add spirits as I'm never entirely sure as I can't find the nutritional info anywhere! But if I have a beer or a cider I most definitely add it.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING!
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    loiscoles wrote: »
    I always add my alcohol and mixers the best I can. I don't add spirits as I'm never entirely sure as I can't find the nutritional info anywhere! But if I have a beer or a cider I most definitely add it.

You add alcohol...you don't add spirits??? What do you think spirits are?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My food diary is alcohol.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    loiscoles wrote: »

jiz3tbhqs8cm.png

s5hz7o3zaohn.png

9qh7xlfd1gra.png

iis5gzrnny1l.png

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I log my two glasses of wine every night. In fact, I pre-log them because I know the odds of me skipping are pretty slim. At this point, I'm scared to give it up. So many people have said it hinders my weight loss and I don't want to fade away to nothing...
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I only drink wine few times a week, and sometimes I can go weeks without drinking. I don't drink beer, spirits, mixed/tropical drinks, shots or anything else. I love champagne but it doesn't love me back so I only have a small amount in a special occasion. But I always log it. Actually, I try not to drink wine in a restaurant, unless my husband is willing to share a bit, because the servings are usually more than 6 oz and at home I limit myself to 4 or 5 oz. I don't have that many calories to spare in alcohol and I can handle much drinking anyway, so that makes it easier for me.