finding it quite hard

Finding it hard, the foods I have in my fridge cupboard etc are all quite high in calories, the foods that I think are quite healthy have alot of calories

Replies

• pricelessmuzik1
    pricelessmuzik1 Posts: 4 Member
    If you shop around you should be able to finder lower calorie versions of what you like
  • reefyftw
    reefyftw Posts: 9 Member
    Always look for low cal options of the same foods you enjoy!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    If this is your first time doing this, it's going to be learning curve. As time goes on, you will automatically store information (for example, if you shout EGG at me, I'll say 88 calories. If you shout BANANA, I'll say 110, if you shout Apple, I'll say 50-70) You will gradually just 'know' these things - and don't worry, you won't be obsessed, just educated.

As for right now, I'd say stick with the basics whilst you're getting the hang of things. Keep it simple. Eggs, chicken breasts, fish, broccoli, fruit. Basic balanced stuff. When you're used to logging and know what your body responds to, then you can mix it up and get creative! :D

Good luck
  • bmaw01
    bmaw01 Posts: 40 Member
    Try to eat as clean as possible. That means eating chicken, fruits, vegetables, beef, grains, etc.. Eat ice cream, sweets, processed food minimually. I like to use Sunday as a cheat day. On this day I eat nutritionally, but will also eat snacks, pizza, etc.

Don't beat yourself up also. If you want hat candy bar than it eat. Just make sure you compensate else where for the day.