ok im sooo confused

Options
2»

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    sarahb247 wrote: »
    Ok cool thanks guys my calories intake on here says 1,350 which i never get any were near so i guess i have to eat more as long as its healthy mmmm that will be tricky to try and reach those calories i have (on a typical day) bowl of special k for breakfast ham sandwich with no butter for lunch dinner id have salad or meat boiled potatoes and veg or sometimes skip dinner i try eating fruit but most of it makes my mouth itch so i use my blender and mix it all with spinach to get my 5 a day which my friend said i shouldnt blend it as it lets all the sugar out of the fruit but i still do it.
    yeah... don't take nutrition advice from this friend...
    The sugar is there whether it's blended or raw. The only thing blending does is make it possible to drink your fruit rather than chew it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    this friend is not unclear on science facts. don't take advice from them at least food related advice

weigh your food, no measuring. Eat at least the minimum and consider trying to eat about half of your exercise calorie burn back(it's how mfp is set up). some people just eat the minimum but I think many of us eat some of them back. That way I have energy for exercising
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    There are no "extra points" for dieting misery. Eat to fuel your gym workouts, eat food that you enjoy, eat a good variety, and stay under your calorie goal. (And make sure it's a reasonable goal.)
  • ChristineCain
    ChristineCain Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Best investment I have made as of recently was a $15 food scale at Target. Most days I was over/under cutting myself in my food. Really makes you accountable for what you are putting on your plate. You can buy measuring cups at the Dollar Store! Well worth the investments and piece of mind.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    sarahb247 wrote: »
    Ok that will be interesting i drink a lot of tea no sugar tho

Tea is so close to 0 calories that I don't bother logging it, and I would never suggest someone log it if they were having problems losing weight. A gallon of tea might be 30-40 calories.

For liquid calories you want to log milk, juice, or anything with added sugar.
  • sarahb247
    sarahb247 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok cool thanks guys im going to start it probably when kids go bk to school on 7th and use the time from now till then to make sure im doing it right and plan out meals
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but how do people logically think that they way more because they didn't eat anything? Wtf? You didn't eat anything. If you ate more, you're putting more into your body and--never mind. It just makes my head hurt
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry but how do people logically think that they way more because they didn't eat anything? Wtf? You didn't eat anything. If you ate more, you're putting more into your body and--never mind. It just makes my head hurt

yeeeeees

weigh and track your food.

dont listen to people who follow bro science

weight loss is not linear. some weeks you gain, some you lose, some stay steady. ive lost 70 some pounds since january and not every week has been a loss, trust me.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Along with using a food scale you need to make sure that you are using accurate food entries from the database. Don't use homemade entries that you didn't create yourself. You have no idea what ingredients were used or how big the serving size is compared to what you ate.

This link will help you find the correct entries:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

You also have a lot of incomplete and completely blank days in your diary.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Your diary is mostly blank. How do you know how many calories you're consuming?