time for a permanent change

Options
Hi!
I am a 26 year old woman who has struggled with her weight her whole life.
I am now married and looking forward to children, getting pregnant and being a fun exciting mom and really feel like i need to loose these extra pounds.
The added struggle i am facing now is that i likely have PCOS. Which makes it very difficult to loose weight and i now need to be extra careful what i eat.
This life style change is feeling very overwhelming so I would love some friends who know the lifelong and/or PCOS struggle.
Lets do this together!!!

Replies

• KellyJones6159
    KellyJones6159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jean
    I just started this today also. I'm older than you and do not have PCOS. I do however have hypothyroidism which makes it incredibly hard to lose weight also. I had gastric bypass in 2001 and lost over 100lbs. Since then I've gained back 50lbs. The last 20 within the past 2yrs.

I'm scared and worried. Can't seem to get my doctor to understand that something is wrong. So, I'm trying to buckle down and do all I can to lose weight on my own. Since the end of July I've averaged walking 2 miles/day 4 days per week. I'm trying to increase the number of days I walk to 6. Might be lofty goal. Walking further might be achievable but I have sciatica which flares during my walk.

What are you doing to achieve your goals?
  • jeanahosack
    jeanahosack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!
    Im sorry it took me so long to get back to you im still figuring this app out.
    So far for meeting my goal i am sticking to walking my dog every day.
    I have also done lots of research about PCOS diets.
    I am currently following a meal plan provided by a PCOS support website.
    Sounds like your doing great with your exercise!!
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a one-two combo. It's most definitely moving and exercising, but it's also what you eat. I have hypothyroidism and sciatica as well, but since January I have lost 45 pounds.

The best part about this is YOU CAN DO IT! :smile:
  • KellyJones6159
    KellyJones6159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jean and khristiana!
    I'm still trying to get the hang of this app too. I'm walking my dog every morning. Today I broke the 4 days/week. Today makes 5 days in a row! Yay!
    Now if I could just get my eating under control. I don't eat a lot...just wrong foods. Too much carbs and fats from what I can see of this app.