fear

Options
I am facing a lot of fear of judgment in being honest. I know i dont always make good choices and i know i dont exercise enough but above all i know if im not honest on here, its not being honest with my self and then i won't be successful.
I am hoping that being accountable and honest will help to push me through my fear.
Thanks in advance for support :)

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club.
    I believe we all have problems with not always make good choices. That is why we are here, trying to change.
    I will judge nobody because I have been in their shoes.
    If you are afraid of being judge, just keep your Food Diary private.
    My suggestion to you is: We are always making mistakes. If I made one mistake, I pick myself up, dust myself off and I go back to my plan. I try hard to learn and not make the same mistake.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • jeanahosack
    jeanahosack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey for 1 month and have lost 10lbs. I know im not a long time MFP member but to lose 10lbs I did this...Stayed at my calorie goal everyday but one day a week. Drank lots and lots of water. Used online my fitness blender exercise videos. Exercised 30-60 mins 5 times a week. Did cardio all those 5 days, strength training and cardio 1 day out of the 5. Did deprive myself of any foods. If it fits in calories eat it. I didnt turn into a rabbit. I didnt eat just salad and chicken to lose the 10lbs. I ate processed yummy goodness...Just stayed in my 1200 or below calorie range. I didnt eat calories back. After exercising I didnt sit down for the day...Id do a video and go straight to cleaning the house. I am always moving whether its shaking my booty while standing at the stove or tapping my foot while sitting. Good luck. If you need a friend add me...I have 45lbs left to lose.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Not quite getting why you are fearful. Its pointless. As they say feel the fear and do it anyway. Not sure who is judging you?

Why not make the choice not to be fearful. One of the fears i can imagine people might have is fear of failure? Im getting a lot of wont, dont stress from you.

Take responsibility for your diet but empower yourself by realising theres plenty you cna do in small simple steps to make yourself successful. Have faith in yourself that you are willing to commit and take responsibility for what you eat and you are prepared to eat less and move a bit more for 84 weeks or however long it takes. believe that you will be successful and you will get to target. Be smart worry less and make more good choices than bad.
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. Keep your diary private if you'd like. But log everything. It's okay.
    This morning, I was having a terrible morning (just in general), and I ended up eating some chocolate (I'm okay with a bit but not as much as I had)... I'm a bit embarrassed of it and I don't want to tell the world as others may judge me. But I logged in anyway ... holding yourself accountable is a good step. Now I see the additional calories it added for today.

I think we've all made poor choices before and still do! It is okay. Learn from all these mistakes. Logging what you're doing now can only help you in the future. You will probably make mistakes in the future but, again, it's okay. Don't stress. Try not to do it too often. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    So its about your diary? Just be acountable to yourself and do baby steps.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    feelings aren't things you can choose- Being scared is ok. You have made HUGE progress just by recognizing that you aren't being truthful (most importantly to yourself). So YAY! You have already made a giant leap!
  • poorxgirlxdiet
    poorxgirlxdiet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just do it!!!!! We all have crappy days but it doesn't matter just as long as you learn from it.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My diary has to be public because of my insurance company. I've discovered it keeps me more honest and more accountable. If I screw up, it's there for all to see. That's actually helped. I just accept I make mistakes, accept I'm human, and go on. Every day is a brand new chance and it's not affected by yesterday's mistakes.

You can keep your diary private; there's nothing wrong with that. Just do this and be honest with yourself.