50/50

Options
i know that whenever you first start out walking it can be difficult at first. I'm trying to work my way up to jogging. I've found something helpful that maybe you guys will think is helpful as well.

If you walk 50 steps then run 50 steps and keep doing that, you can eventually get to where you're running the whole way. Hope this is helpful.

Replies

• laurynh925
    laurynh925 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i know that whenever you first start out walking it can be difficult at first. I'm trying to work my way up to jogging. I've found something helpful that maybe you guys will think is helpful as well.

If you walk 50 steps then run 50 steps and keep doing that, you can eventually get to where you're running the whole way. Hope this is helpful.
  • cbrady77
    Options
    I like that advice ... they key to starting any regimen is to begin gradually.
  • cerfin
    cerfin Posts: 41
    Options
    I like to walk up the hills and then run down them. It keeps my heart rate up with out totally kicking my butt.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    there is also a program called "couch to 5K" it works with slowly starting to run also. there are podcast you can download that tell you when it's time to swich from walk to run. very good program. i was doing good until i found the ellipical now i have a new cardio i love...:happy:
    good luck i did enjoy running when i did it.