Plexus Body Cleanse and Plexus Probio5 question....

Options
I'm not looking to lose weight but I'm told there are wonderful health benefits in taking Plexus Body Cleanse and Plexus Probio5. The product is mostly promoted in helping people looking to lose weight. Would it be ok for me to take it for the sake of the cleansing and probiotic benefits? Or will I drop too much weight? Anybody out there ever tried this stuff?

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to do a cleanse? First off, they don't usually work and if they do cause weight loss it's because they've reduced your calorie intake, which you can also acheive with real food. Second of all, if it's nutrition you're looking for, again, real food is the way to go.
  • curvybetty
    curvybetty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to do a Cleanse for overall health benefits. The Plexus Probio5 claims to help rid the body of excess candida that inhibits the body from absorbing nutrients correctly. The Body Cleanse claims to flush all of that junk out and alkaline the body. I thought it sounded promising but I know the audience this product is usually directed towards are people seeking to drop weight. I'm not. I'm looking to maintain. So I thought I'd ask around and see if it'd be alright to try it out solely for the health benefits claims. Or if it'd be wise not to.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I can claim to be from Mars...doesn't make it true.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yea, our liver and kidneys do what you're talking about just fine. Don't waste your money.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need that product ("why doesn't everybody use them, always"), how do you know that you have those health problems, what does it even mean, and how are you supposed to know if it works?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    trvhkqb6ep5u.jpeg

uhhhh bonjorno

attachment.php?attachmentid=87002&d=1436565711
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    trvhkqb6ep5u.jpeg

uhhhh bonjorno

attachment.php?attachmentid=87002&d=1436565711

His fanny pack kills me. LOL
  • StocksNBlondes
    StocksNBlondes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do a search on this topic, you will find hundeds/thousands of others that have posted this same thing. It will help you get an understanding of what Plexus, Shakeology, BodybyVi, herbalife and the rest in this category do.....spend your money. Good luck OP, there are much better ways and things you can do to improve your health.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the weight loss. Weight loss from those cleanses is water weight, and an empty colon. Your colon will fill back up to normal levels in a few days, and the water weight will come back.

I am super skeptical of the claims that these cleanse toxins from your body. If you aren't sure that your body is absorbing nutrients well, you can have your Dr test for levels of essential vitamins & minerals in your body, after you think you've been eating enough that you should have proper levels. This seems far less evasive than a 'cleanse'.