I need some advice , please :-)

Options
Hello, my name is Iryna. I used this app a year ago and along with other things it helped me lose 11 pounds (5 kg). I came back this year hoping to lose another 11 lbs. I started mid May and now that summer is coming to end I regret to say I gained 4.4 lbs (2 kg). I lost 1-2 % of fat though. I've been trying to keep under 1200 calories, not eating after 6pm, I tried High Fat Low Carbs diet, using smaller plates for smaller portions, cutting sweets, pasta, rice and white bread; not all of these together just one by one week after week. I exercised, mostly shaping and cardio plus strength workout (combined in one). In past it gave great results .. Some useful info for those who can answer my concerns : my bmi is 23.4, body fat 27%, age 27 y.o. I know it's considered normal but I'm 5.3 feet (160cm) and 132lbs (60 kg) and it really doesn't look that great.
I lack motivation at this point . I have to admit that though I gained weight during the summer I look a little slimmer. I just want to believe that since my body fat decreased and weight increased I just gained muscle.. Idk whether it's true. I just keep reading that people normally lose 1-2 pouns a week and it's just not my story here. I know it's not weight loss plateau , cause it can't last for 3 months. Can anyone help and explain me anything on getting on track?

Replies

• derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You have nothing to worry about just go with it
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Iryna. I used this app a year ago and along with other things it helped me lose 11 pounds (5 kg). I came back this year hoping to lose another 11 lbs. I started mid May and now that summer is coming to end I regret to say I gained 4.4 lbs (2 kg). I lost 1-2 % of fat though. I've been trying to keep under 1200 calories, not eating after 6pm, I tried High Fat Low Carbs diet, using smaller plates for smaller portions, cutting sweets, pasta, rice and white bread; not all of these together just one by one week after week. I exercised, mostly shaping and cardio plus strength workout (combined in one). In past it gave great results .. Some useful info for those who can answer my concerns : my bmi is 23.4, body fat 27%, age 27 y.o. I know it's considered normal but I'm 5.3 feet (160cm) and 132lbs (60 kg) and it really doesn't look that great.
    I lack motivation at this point . I have to admit that though I gained weight during the summer I look a little slimmer. I just want to believe that since my body fat decreased and weight increased I just gained muscle.. Idk whether it's true. I just keep reading that people normally lose 1-2 pouns a week and it's just not my story here. I know it's not weight loss plateau , cause it can't last for 3 months. Can anyone help and explain me anything on getting on track?

You're not going to lose 1-2 pounds a week with a BMI of 23.4. Not without resorting to unhealthy methods that will cost you lean muscle, anyway.

For weight loss, only calories matter. Not HFLC or cutting out pasta or eating before a certain time.

If you don't already use a food scale, buy one. Use the recipe builder instead of generic entries.

Get your logging on point and results will follow. If you do have your logging on point and you continue to maintain or gain, go to the doctor and get a blood panel.