Weight training advice/suggestions!

Options
Hey !

Was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on what to do for strength training for a beginner trying to lose weight!
I don't like machines! but don't know a lot about weight training! Any advice or suggestions would be fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit... not weight training.
    • New Rules of Lifting For Women
    • Strong Curves
    • ICF 5x5
    • Stronglifts 5x5

All these programs have very descriptive guides on how to perform the movements with correct form.

Good luck.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    • Strong Curves
    • ICF 5x5
    • Stronglifts 5x5

All these programs have very descriptive guides on how to perform the movements with correct form.

Good luck.
    I second these suggestions. They are all good beginners programs.
    Google them, read up and decide which one appeals most to you.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am a huge advocate for finding a personal trainer to help show you proper form as well as guide you as to which movements and combinations are most beneficial. I know it can be expensive but it's a great way to get started!
  • jfitnessguru
    jfitnessguru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    • Strong Curves
    • ICF 5x5
    • Stronglifts 5x5

Good luck.

I second this as well when trying to lose weight it comes from being in a caloric deficit. To add to the other suggestions, you can also Google "full body workout routines for beginners". Best of luck to you OP!
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been using New Rules of Lifting for Women and love it. I have actually completed the program, and am repeating the last stage until I finish reading New Rules Supercharged :smile: I found the program to be perfect for a beginner, but was also challenging when I needed it to be. Through it I found that I LOVE lifting! Good luck!