Did what I thought I couldn't today.. so this will be my wake up call.

Options
Please feel free to add me if you would like :)

Today, I managed 9 hours of walking around an amusement park.

I could not ride many things - due to size limits.

But I also didn't think I would make it walking around the park.
But I did. For 9 hours.

I logged 5 at a slow pace - as some was spent just standing, climbing stairs and sitting.

May sound silly to say I walked. And I am proud of that.

But with 200 EXTRA pounds on me - that was one hell of a feat for me.

I know I can do this - I just need to start.

Replies

• bcd2007
    bcd2007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You go, girl!!!!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    That is a great achievement.
    I hope you are feeling fine after such a long day on your feet.

Cheers, h.
  • TonyaNS
    TonyaNS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is definitely something to b proud of! We all have to start somewhere! I was told by a professional if you can do just 30 min a day of some form exercise u will lose weight, and of course watch what u eat n drink plenty of water! :)
  • FindingMyself92
    FindingMyself92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The oddest thing is - normally my legs and back are in intense pain with walking. But inly twoce did I need a 30 second break during the day. And I feel great now :)

I think I just know it was good for me to do it and know I can. My goal is to be able to enjoy the rides next time.
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude to do this. Go for it. Once the weight starts to slip away you will find yourself doing more. Great place to be I have added you as I have been there and still. But support is what's helping me and if I can help you a little bit we all can feel good about ourselves. Em x
  • Amsterdamjen
    Amsterdamjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I remember your other thread - congratulations! That's wonderful! You should be proud!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Love the positive attitude
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I remember your earlier thread, too. Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to get around, and I hope you had fun. :)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Whether you start as the least fit or most fit person in the world, there are always goals that will seem hard. But you just proved to yourself that not all goals that you think are out of reach really are. I think we all need to keep our heads in the game, regardless of what we are looking to do. As the saying goes, free your mind and your (butt) will follow.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good job! Sending positive vibes your way :)
  • FindingMyself92
    FindingMyself92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! :)
    Yes I was so worried but I really found I could do it.

Now to tackle some more goals! We can all get wherver we want to go !
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yayyy!!! You rock, congrats!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep on moving and you'll keep get stronger. <3 In June I went on a mile hike with my family in Yellowstone and the next day I could hardly walk. This past Friday I went hiking (In Yellowstone again) for over 3 hours and at least a half hour of that was climbing up a rock face. Not a limp the next day and if my kids hadn't given out, we would have gone further.

So even though I've only made a dent in my weight, my fitness and overall health is definitely improving.

My point, keep going girl!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!