workout routines

Options
What are some of your weekly workout routines?

Replies

• WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I've been getting back into the gym scene the last month and a half, so I'm keeping a pretty basic routine until I feel adjusted. I get on the elliptical machine for anywhere between 15-30 minutes. I also do some strength training using various weight machines. I like to focus on my arms, chest and back since I use so much of my lower body on the elliptical. Outside of the gym, I've been going hiking and recently started playing disc golf with my fiance, even though he's begged me for years to play! :-P
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I always workout at home- not a fan of gyms. I have lots of different dvds, so I change it up sometimes. Currently though I'm obsessed with Tracy Anderson so I'm working out 5-6 days a week (every day after work for 45-60 mins and sometimes on saturday) so I do her strength training/muscle work "tracy andersone method mat workout" from 2008 (LOVE it!) three days a week and the other 2-3 I do cardio on my Gazelle machine at home (similar to jogging).
  • hotonice
    hotonice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    30 min elliptical, zumba, yoga, the biggest loser and active 2 for kinect, figure skating...I like to keep it interesting a mix it up
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Monday - Pump
    Tuesday - Balance and Pump but am going to be doing Spin and Pump instead from next week
    Wednesday - Step and pump
    Thursday - Off (work day) - just some light walking to/from train station
    Friday - Same as Thursday
    Saturday - Pump (but am adding spin after pump as from next week)
    Sunday - Body Combat (but possibly changing to spin) lol

ETA - I am seriously thinking about doing the 30 day shred too to give me a boost!
  • NYY13
    NYY13 Posts: 3
    Options
    i usually do fitness DVDs like p90x and INSANITY, and i play sports with some friends almost every day
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels circuits, running and an occasional yoga DVD! I sign up for bike-a-thons and running races provide small term goals and to keep me motivated!!

NO GYM for me! Just can't get there with 3 kids, but I MAKE it work!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights 3x per week and cardio 2-3x per week. My cardio alternates between interval walking/running outside on nice days, treadmill (again doing interval training), and several different cardio DVDs that I get from my local library. If I'm having a low-energy day or it's that TOM, instead of cardio I will do pilates (DVDs). My cardio sessions last between 20-30 minutes.
  • beccaboo1021
    Options
    Not always my typical week, but pretty much similar to this:

M - 30-35 mins of Weights (Biceps, shoulders, back, triceps, push ups, squats, step-ups, and leg extensions) AND 20-45 mins on elliptical or a 20-30 min run
    T - Insanity Video
    W - 20-30 run and a 20 min ab video
    TH - Insanity Video
    F - 30-35 mins of Weights (Biceps, shoulders, back, triceps, push ups, squats, step-ups, and leg extensions) AND 20-45 mins on elliptical
    S - varies
    S - Varies (if I didn't take Saturday off, I take Sunday off)