Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a heart rate monitor for the gym. I'm in fairly good shape, but I'd like to be able to track my heart rate to make sure I'm getting into the right "zones". I'm looking to spend $150 or less....

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Everything I have read and researched usually leads back to any model by Polar. $150 will get you a nice one.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7. It's all that you need and both are around a hundred bucks. They also track calories which is an added bonus.
  • eericson51
    eericson51 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just bought a TIMEX Ironman for about $80 and LOVE IT!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, it's my best friend now! Love it love it love it!
  • lolowebster
    Options
    polar is the best. I love mine. A little more money but worth it.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar too :happy:
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The polar FT60 has a built in training computer to keep you in certain zones during your workout depending on your fitness goals. It will also check your current aerobic state right before your session to re-calculate your training zones for that session. I bought my FT60 on amazon for about 140 with free shipping and no sales tax.
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would like to try a Polar brand one but for now I ended up with the Wal-mart one, the brand is Sportline. I love it! :) It works really well. Only cost me about 30 bucks. and I ended up with the last one when I went, so I guess that means it's pretty good.

Oh, you might want to check out the BodyBugg, if you've ever heard of TurboJam or TurboFire, they use the BodyBugg. Cost about 110 and you have to pay 10 bucks a month for the online program where it has a program where you note down your caloric food consumption. Most people where it the whole day but you can also program it to a specific time. For example, if you start your workouts everyday at 6PM, you can set it so it can start counting your caloric burn at 6PM. It's really neat, :) It has special sensors that can calculate your sweat to see what's your activity level, it measures your muscle contraptions to see how hard you are working and so on. When I can afford that, I'm so getting the bodybugg. But for now, i'll be happy with my little ol' walmart one.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex t5g971 I bought at Amazon. I have used it every day since I got it in March. I love it and it rates very highly. It is not nearly as expensive either. It has a chest strap.

http://topheartratemonitors.com/heart-monitor-review/timex-heart-rate-monitor-review/
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Best investment I EVER made... Polar FT4
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT40. Does a resting heart rate test to increase accuracy and track fitness.
  • jinxypinxy
    jinxypinxy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys :)
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    love my Polar FT4. got it on amazon for $71.
  • jinxypinxy
    jinxypinxy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, a silly question: I've been looking them up online and I'm confused about whether e.g. the FT4 is just a watch or a watch plus a heart rate strap?
  • Cnava01
    Cnava01 Posts: 37
    Options
    Polar FT4. I got it at best buy on line about a month ago for $85 and I <3 it!!!
  • dad106
    Options
    Also, a silly question: I've been looking them up online and I'm confused about whether e.g. the FT4 is just a watch or a watch plus a heart rate strap?

Its a watch plus a chest strap. Most if not all polar models come with one.
  • dad106
    Options
    I have a Timex t5g971 I bought at Amazon. I have used it every day since I got it in March. I love it and it rates very highly. It is not nearly as expensive either. It has a chest strap.

http://topheartratemonitors.com/heart-monitor-review/timex-heart-rate-monitor-review/

I also don't understand why this one keeps getting such rave reviews. I wound up returning mine because the calorie count was way to high.. but then again everyone is different.