Gaining weight

I need help gaining weight can I get a few tips?

Replies

• quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    more calories in than out, mass gainer, protein, and carbs.
  • Loganking8
    Loganking8 Posts: 2 Member
    Yes, I know that. I'm a very active guy and having to take in 3,000 calories in a day seems like so many and after trying it. It seems so hard to do.
  • devildogheath
    devildogheath Posts: 40 Member
    Add 2 tbl spoons of coconut oil to your shakes and granola and it adds up quickly. 1 shake could easily be 1k calories with milk.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Eat calorie dense food, drink your caloiries, full fat everything (especially milk because drinking calories is easy), and spoons of peanut butter
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    If you struggle to hit 3k, then you aren't eating the right types of food. Aim for calorie dense foods such as nuts, avocado, adding butter to things, cook meats in EVOO, eat more red/fattier cuts of meat, high calorie protein bars, high calorie protein shakes, add cheese to a lot of things, go to town on some ice cream.

You can also look at my diary... I am on a cut at 2400-2600 calories and even that is tough for me to stick with. I can't wait until I am 3000+
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    If you struggle to hit 3k, then you aren't eating the right types of food. Aim for calorie dense foods such as nuts, avocado, adding butter to things, cook meats in EVOO, eat more red/fattier cuts of meat, high calorie protein bars, high calorie protein shakes, add cheese to a lot of things, go to town on some ice cream.

You can also look at my diary... I am on a cut at 2400-2600 calories and even that is tough for me to stick with. I can't wait until I am 3000+

this ..

i will add that you should look at foods like pasta, bagels, ice cream, full fat foods, fattier cuts of meat like rib eyes, etc…….and yes, you should get majority of foods from nutrient dense source,s but once you reach micronutrients for the day there is nothing wrong with eating calorie dense foods.

I am maintaining on 2600 right now and that does not seem like a lot….
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Eat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    ndj1979 wrote: »

this ..

i will add that you should look at foods like pasta, bagels, ice cream, full fat foods, fattier cuts of meat like rib eyes, etc…….and yes, you should get majority of foods from nutrient dense source,s but once you reach micronutrients for the day there is nothing wrong with eating calorie dense foods.

Great suggestion. I always forget about bagels even though I have a P28 protein bagel and peanut butter every day.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

this ..

Great suggestion. I always forget about bagels even though I have a P28 protein bagel and peanut butter every day.

I just had a cinnamon raisin bagel and it came in at 270 calories..when I transition to bulking, I will eat like one a day ...
  • Travistarrant426
    Travistarrant426 Posts: 11 Member
    Gradually up your calories week on week. There's no need to go ramp up calories excessively. Let the body naturally adapt gradually. Mass gainer is a great shout, just don't get something cheap and full of sugars and fillers.
    I eat 3.3k daily and I'm hungry when I am done eating, but I was exactly the same as you when I was eating 3k or less and feeling incredibly bloated and full thinking "how am I going to do this" The body will adapt to the calories you have if it's consistent. Make sure you're eating throughout the day to spreading the calories out.
  • johannkeen6
    johannkeen6 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm finding the same thing but it's my carb target I'm struggling with, I've been a notorious carb dodger for a couple of years....... Pasta it is!