Need good hamstring exercise and flutes both to put on bulk weight

What weight to start off with deep squats? I'm 5'3" 113 and strong.....

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    start with an empty bar and a spotter to make sure you have correct form.
  • Travistarrant426
    Travistarrant426 Posts: 11 Member
    It's not necessary about the weight your loading onto the bar, nailing the functional form of the excersize is by far the most important thing when beginning to prevent injury and imbalances. Get a spotter to look at your form and gradually load weight on to what you feel is appropriate for you.
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Hamstring and flutes? Are you trying to workout while playing in a band? :p

Jokes aside, I think you meant hamstrings and glutes. Deadlifts would actually be a better exercise for building strong hams and glutes (the whole posterior chain really). Squats actually are better for your quads, although they do work your butt too.

Best video I have ever seen, hands down, for proper squat techique. Please give it a watch, will save you from injuries and frustration:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rOJGzAgLWDc
  • loricheer151
    loricheer151 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you! And u made me laugh.
    Obviously it had been a long day......
    I'm doing all kinds of squats but I just don't think I'm doing enough weight.
    I'm 113lbs. I'm deep squatting bar plus 25 on each side.
    I lunge with 20lb dumbbell in each hand. I'm a newbie with weights.
    Hanging up the cardio queen sash. Getting too old for all that noise.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    OP - I would suggest finding a structured program that hits all parts of your body …if you are a beginner look at something like strong lifts, or all pro beginner routine…if you are more intermediate then maybe something like power, muscle, burn, or some kind of upper/lower split
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Up the weight each workout untill you get to where you should be, your hod will tell you. Also, Deadlifts