Apartment Workouts?

Options
Wondering if anybody knows some good workouts got inside of an apartment.

I live above people, and it's very easy for us to hear each other stomping around and whatnot- when I have energy to workout it is usually later in the evening.

Any tips on quiet cardio and strength training?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises aren't too loud. Are you beginner? There's this one: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

You can also look up some circuit training routines. Sometimes there's squat jumps and stuff, but honestly you're supposed to try to land...not loudly, so it'd be good practice anyway ha.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a rebounder (mini-trampoline) and wood floors, so I bought rubber feet for it. There are rebounder videos on YouTube.

For strength, body-weight exercises—including yoga.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    The neighbors wife and I are into hiit. Sometimes I change it with some climbing down the balcony to get home. Sometimes I just run the stairs home. Lol. Sorry.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The neighbors wife and I are into hiit. Sometimes I change it with some climbing down the balcony to get home. Sometimes I just run the stairs home. Lol. Sorry.

Naughty!
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bosu ball there is lots of strength training you can do with it or a stepper and just try to be aware of how hard your impact is I have that in my apartment and it works well ..you can find a lot of videos on youtube
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I bought a thick Everlast floor mat, to help cushion the floor (about $50). I do a lot of videos that involve jumping around, and it seems to help the impact/noise.
  • anasvetak
    anasvetak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has a bunch of workouts specifically for that - here's one link. https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/quiet-cardio-workout-low-impact-apartment-cardio-workout
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    yoga for core or strength. vids on youtube.
  • brownbun15
    brownbun15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im in this same situation. I live above people so I have found KB workouts to be a good alternative to any home workout that requires jumping, running or marching in place. Good for cardio and strength. You can find workout videos on youtube or different routines on Pinterest.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    suspension trainer. TRX is popular but expensive. WOSS attack is under 50 on amazon.
  • aaroessler
    aaroessler Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and jump as much as you want. Your neighbors probably had it coming anyways. :-)