Here goes nothing

Options
Hey, my name is Justin, I'm 25. I've lost weight in the past but never completed the commitment and never actually changed my lifestyle. I have been overweight since high school. I just got out of an eight year relationship which somehow motivated me to get in shape. My goal is to lose around 75-80 lbs.

Replies

• tr1sshaaa
    tr1sshaaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    this sounds like my life! good luck and don't give up :)
  • VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello Justin,

Most people here – yours truly included – have had the experience you described of losing weight only to regain it. Humiliating, huh?

You're in the right place, I think. Take advantage of the tools here, and the community, and you absolutely can repackage yourself permanently. You understand the difference, I see, between 'going on a diet' and redefining how you manage your health and wellbeing for the duration of your life.

It's fun to buff up, of course, but the the deeper satisfaction comes as you gradually gain permanent control over your physical self. You'll become calmly confident that you have the ability to be as fit and strong as you wish… for keeps!

At 68, I'm far older than you, and I logged my own 70-lb weight loss earlier this year. We share a couple of significant fundamentals, though, so if you'd care to buddy up, I'd be happy to exchange journal notes with you. My name is Alan. Send me a friend request if you like, Justin, and I'll accept it.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wishing you luck :) As you said, once you've lost the weight you need the commitment to keep it off, here to help, if I can :)
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Justin, you can do it. I struggled with the commitment to lose weight as well. I gradually gained over 40 pounds over the last 12 years. I tried dieting but would lose a pound or two here and there. Even though i did exercise. I figured my weight would just go up and up. But last summer i committed myself and lost about 19 pounds during that time until June of this year. Then i joined MFP and started logging/tracking what i ate. In the 80 days since, i've lost 21 pounds. If i can do it, you can too. Ive lost about 40 of those pounds so far.
  • fryboy135
    fryboy135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. I believe I'm on track for a fun and rewarding journey. Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend and I'd be more than happy to give yall backup just like yall are doing for me!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Justin