Sick of being skinny fat. Want to reach 15BF.

Options
Hi! I'm looking for fellow ladies who diet (iifym), and weight trains! I been training for 2 years now, and working out makes me feel stronger and better, but the diet bit has been really difficult. I train with my boyfriend, but he has different diet goals (forever bulking), so I think it would be fun to be able to have girls I can diet with!

I feel like I need a friendly face, and motivation along this area. I have friends and colleagues who are discouraging in general (although they exactly complain they want to lose weight yet not do anything about it), and some understand my goals but still make fun of what I eat, and sometimes even verbalise that they want me to get fat. We laugh it off, but I get upset with myself and then binge eat in secret.

I think it's really unhealthy, and I hope to make a change. Anyone? :)

Replies

• kredmonroe
    kredmonroe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sabofsg wrote: »
    Hi! I'm looking for fellow ladies who diet (iifym), and weight trains! I been training for 2 years now, and working out makes me feel stronger and better, but the diet bit has been really difficult. I train with my boyfriend, but he has different diet goals (forever bulking), so I think it would be fun to be able to have girls I can diet with!

I feel like I need a friendly face, and motivation along this area. I have friends and colleagues who are discouraging in general (although they exactly complain they want to lose weight yet not do anything about it), and some understand my goals but still make fun of what I eat, and sometimes even verbalise that they want me to get fat. We laugh it off, but I get upset with myself and then binge eat in secret.

I think it's really unhealthy, and I hope to make a change. Anyone? :)

I'm new to weight training (I guess you could say-lol)/ I stopped working out for a solid two years and feel like I don't know what I'm doing (lol) I was still learning two years ago but by all means am not afraid of weights; I love them! I can relate to people not understanding (your) my eating choices and I too get frustrated and occasionally binge eat, and this week I'm paying for it :neutral: I got my bmi measured for the first time and am not nearly where I want to be. But I believe in the process. I also believe in being human and realize I'm going to 'slip' once in a while. I have a pretty demanding job and having a hard time finding the time to workout, I work anywhere from 9-14 (sad to admit sometimes more) hours a day, needless to say that I've been commited to working out and only 3x's in 9 weeks ive 'skipped' a workout. I set small goals for myself and that's the only thing keeping me 'on track'.My first goal was to 'get 5 workouts in in a week' I'm pretty proud - but this is all dedicated to 'home workouts' because I knew if I jumped right back into 'the gym' I'd find an excuse/or wouldn't have to time to go.My second goal is to go back to the gym and seeing my own progress (11lb loss and the lowest ive ever weighed) I'm more excited to take myself back into the gym. I've also fallen off of tracking (mfp) and I'm trying to get back on the regular/because I have a better idea of how many calories I can and can't eat ive become a little lazy. My point is; I'm now very interested in learning/and am educating myself about counting macros and I'm positive ive figured out all my calculations accordingly, however I don't know if I understand yet if/and how the heck do people do it?! I just mean; it seems a hell of a lot harder than counting calories to me.-and it's so frustrating. I'm not one to give up and so I haven't and am going to continue to find the right people to support me and help me along my journey in hopes that I can do the same for others. Someday someone will be in the shoes that I am and I know how discouraging it can be to do it all on your own, I just hope I can be educated enough to help someone one day when I'm asked the questions I don't yet have the answers to. If by now you're still reading my post and it hasn't put you to sleep yet: awesome! Hah! I'd totally be interested in having someone such as yourself as a mfp friend. (or anyone who wants to vent a little, motivate, educate or just track together) add me :wink:
    -K
  • RachelSteponavich
    RachelSteponavich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't let anyone bring you down girl! Love the skin you're in, be healthy & happy, disregard everything else! I love weight training and my boyfriend has been bulking as long as I've known him lol. I am a body building/bikini competitor - diet truly is the hardest part!! Keep it up & you'll reach your goals in no time!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady but I have trained with plenty of them. Check out stronglifts 5x5. Just Google it. Don't pay for the original, there are so many better versions out there for free. One of my friends put on some nice lean mass with it and she has started placing in local fitness competitions
  • bhw2412
    bhw2412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sabofsg wrote: »
    I have friends and colleagues who are discouraging in general (although they exactly complain they want to lose weight yet not do anything about it), and some understand my goals but still make fun of what I eat, and sometimes even verbalise that they want me to get fat.

I think you need some better friends!

I can't understand why anyone would discourage another person like that when they're trying to make a positive change to their lifestyle. The only possible reason I can think of is that they are jealous of your success.

Thankfully, the community here are nothing but supportive in my experience so far :)

Personally, I would love to get into weights but I find the weights room in the gym very intimidating - especially when everyone else seems to know exactly what they're doing!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabo, I'm similar to you! I live with my partner who is into bulking. He aims for a huge amount of calories a day and is VERY ripped. It can be a little intimidating! I'm on the totally opposite end of the spectrum, I'm trying to lose fat - so our diets are very different. I cook the dinners so it can make for a frustrating time! :D

Please don't listen to your so called 'friends'. Why are these people making your WEIGHT (which is VERY personal) THEIR business? Awful.