Trying to get it back

Options
hello my name is Shaliek and I'm a mother of 3 who is trying to lose 25 pounds. I have been motivated but today after running 2 miles I'm sore and ready to take a few days off. Do I keep going?

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Don't injure yourself. Calories in Vs. calories out is more important to losing weight then exercise.
  • SharonWright423
    SharonWright423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks @andympanda I appreciate it. So tomorrow I will rest my muscles. I've worked out all week
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Are you logging and tracking your calories? That's much more important for your weight loss than exercising daily. Exercise is for fitness and will help give you a slightly larger calorie deficit.
  • SharonWright423
    Options
    @mccindy72 yes I'm tracking my calorie intake daily and for this entire week have been under my calories. I figured if I worked out that it would give me more of an edge and that if possibly have more calories to spare food wise ;) lol lol lol but this exercising stuff has got me home sore and hurting. I'm gonna re *kitten* working out. I will still lose my 1 pound a week as long as I stay under my calories
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    @mccindy72 yes I'm tracking my calorie intake daily and for this entire week have been under my calories. I figured if I worked out that it would give me more of an edge and that if possibly have more calories to spare food wise ;) lol lol lol but this exercising stuff has got me home sore and hurting. I'm gonna re *kitten* working out. I will still lose my 1 pound a week as long as I stay under my calories

Ah, you're all good then. Working out is great for helping you keep your lean muscle mass and for cardiac health, and also - heavy lifting will help you a lot with body recomp (reshaping your body and making you look hawt). But yes, your calorie deficit is the thing for your weight loss, and you are doing that, so all good.
  • mrnoregard
    mrnoregard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey keep up the good work! Exercise is difficult at first but gets easier as your body adapts.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Keep going but don't over do it! Perhaps start off with smaller achievements - run half a mile for example. You don't want to burn yourself out so soon. Good luck! And well done!
  • SharonWright423
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Getting back in shape is a difficult task. I played division 1 basketball in college so I've always been athletic. Somewhere in between getting married and having 3 kids I've fell off. Gotta keep this body right and tight. Don't need my hubby on no Ashley Madison websites lol lol lol jk. But thanks again everyone. I'm determined to fit in a size 8 well maybe a 10 again lol lol
    Baby step :)