Need some ideas for dinners

Options
Hello, My other half and I have decided to try to loose weight together, but we are having difficulties breaking our old go to habits for dinners. The processed, out of the box, chocked full of carbs calories and no good have t be a thing of the past but we don't have any new ideas for replacements. Please help!!

Replies

• AlexisUPenn
    AlexisUPenn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pinterest
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Start off with basics such as fresh chicken breasts, fish, eggs, broccoli (in fact any vegetable!).

A straightforward meal - Salmon fillet, new potatoes (remember, portion control!) and peas. You can find some scrummy low cal sauces to accompany if need be. Personally this is one of my favourite low cal meals. VERY simple but I don't like complicating things, it just confuses me! :D Good luck to you both.
  • 1966spen
    1966spen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yummly app is great for all sorts of recipes
  • ashleydumouchel
    ashleydumouchel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chili - ground beef or chicken, lentils and/or kidney beans, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes, plenty of onion & peppers, chili powder and garlic

Stir fry with chopped veggies and chunks of meat over cooked quinoa

Lettuce wraps - your favourite fillings (taco toppings, Asian style beef, BLT etc) inside large leaves of lettuce instead of wraps

Soups - chicken broth + pretty much any vegetable, or chicken broth + butternut squash and use an immersion blender
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    One meal I have often - sweat off some onions and garlic in a casserole dish - add 2 chicken breasts (weigh them first), a tin of chopped tomatoes and some chopped carrots and chopped parsley - season with a little salt and pepper. Put in a pre-heated oven gas 4 for 20/30 minutes - ala chicken chasseur! Great with mashed potato but make sure you weigh, weigh, weigh everything first. Good luck!