Alcohol

Options
Do you think stopping drinking completely is the only way to loose weight or is weight loss still possible having a drink once or twice a week

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    If you account for the calories in alcohol, you will lose weight just fine.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just log your alcohol. As long as you stay within your calorie limit then you're good! I still drink alcohol and I've lost almost 60lbs.
  • lynngree
    lynngree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    what do you drink if you don't mind me asking I stick to white wine
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    lynngree wrote: »
    what do you drink if you don't mind me asking I stick to white wine

I drink mostly beer and cider. I've had the occasional white wine but I'm not a big wine drinker.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Log your calories in alcohol too.
    I understand if you're in a club on the dancefloor guzzling back the vodkas, it's not going to be easy to whip out your phone to start logging (!!) but maybe before the night begins - give yourself an allowance, log it before you go out and don't go over (or just.. try not to!!!)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oooooh i drink ;) granted its only one night a week and i sacrifice food for it earlier in the day but i make it work LMAO

and yes i log it all. well, most of it. after a certain number i lose track (i drink light beer, not mixed drinks, so a little easier to track the calories) LOLOLOLOL

hasnt effected my weight loss any.
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine every night after dinner. I make sure to leave calories for it and log it. Hasn't slowed my weight loss. As long as it fits in your calories it's fine.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I just have a couple of glasses of red wine Saturday and Sunday, nothing in the week. I always log my wine and as I'm only on 1200 cals I try not to sacrifice my food intake too much. If I'm under by 50/70 odd cals every day in the week I don't have to under eat by 250 calories Saturday and Sunday because of wine......hope that makes sense.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My diary is open - I drink ~1/ day, usually beer. Just budget for it and you'll be fine.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight and drink alcohol. You might choose not to drink it for other reasons, but as long as you have the calories, you can drink it and still lose weight.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I drink wine almost every day. Make sure that you log it. It will not affect your weight loss as long as you're in a deficit.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Drinking in moderation within your calorie deficit is perfectly reasonable, and you can still lose weight just fine. I drink wine or beer a few nights a week and I'm able to lose just fine. Just track it like you would anything else and make sure it fits in your goals.