it only took 2 yrs but now I know what I'm doing

Options
LatinActive503
LatinActive503 Posts: 198 Member
edited August 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
hola I'm starting over , thinking its all mind over matter it only took me 2 yrs to drop 8lbs. BUT it FINALLY STAYED OFF THE LAST 3 WKS so I'm gonna take this new eating habits I have and my energy and devote it to better my self

I'm glad something is working, counting calories if you have any tips please help.

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Keep a log and weigh food if you can. Calorie amnesia can be a silent staller! It took me a couple of years to figure out what I needed to do as well. Carbs hold a lot of water weight so don't worry too much if you eat carb heavy and the scale spikes. Exercise can make the scale spike too, also water related. I keep dry erase boards in my kitchen so when i think about what I want to make I get the ingredient calories down to see if they fit my calories for the day/week. It's easier to plan ahead than to log food and regret what you ate! You'll hit a stride and all the inconveniences around cal. counting will become second nature. I kept losing the same amount of weight and gaining it back again until I got all the info I needed to keep from getting discouraged. I'm down 52 lbs now, largely due to calorie counting. it works! You can do it! Hope that helps...
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats to you :) What works for me is pre-logging when I can and trying not to waste calories on drinks!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Food scale, food scale, food scale. It is the best tool besides using MFP.
  • LatinActive503
    Options
    I'm having problems meeting my calories for the day
  • LatinActive503
    Options

Omg thank you all soon much I didn't even know anyone responded to me
  • LatinActive503
    Options
    What's pre logging ?? Hope that's not a dumb question
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging is when you log your food for the whole day ahead of time. It helps a lot of people to balance their calories so they don't get to dinner and have 100 calories left. Psychologically, it also helps many people to stick to wise food choices, because it's already been recorded. I often pre-log, then make any adjustments I need to at the end of the day.
  • LatinActive503
    Options
    Wow I think i need to do this cause I'm struggling to meet my goal one night and going over the next !

Ic Tupperware in my future , thank you so much
  • Kuruschka
    Kuruschka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I log the evening before for the next day so that I know in advance what to pack for lunch and if I need to go to the store for dinner prep. It really helps me to stay within my calories for the day and not eat anything "unnecessary".
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yep, log all your food and try to do some kind of exercise!
    Exercise will allow you to eat a bit more.

• LatinActive503
    Options
    Thank you !!! I'm on it