I must be doing something wrong!

Options
I've been doing this for 4 days now... and the scale isn't budging! If anything going up a bit..(just a half lb up or down) But sheesh!

Maybe I'm not eating enough. I have been following the app and taking in the calories..(actually maybe not quite) but even with working out... I just can't seem to get a burn.. I just don't get it! Work out to lose weight..but I have to eat more.. it's all just a bit confusing... I'M GONNA GO EAT A TWINKIE! JUST KIDDING! LOL

Really..I AM getting discouraged... :/

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    4 days isn't that much time. Give it a week or two. My advice is to focus on the diary and step away from the scale.
  • beaoliva
    beaoliva Posts: 1
    Options
    You really have to give it at least two weeks to show any changes, and you will see changes!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and we might see and give some pointers
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    4 days isn't that much time. Give it a week or two.
    this. your body will have daily fluctuations. Give it several weeks.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree with milaxx. Also, take your measurements. I lost more in inches at first than pounds. Make sure you are drinking A LOT of water as well, especially with an increase in exercise. Too soon to give up.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I agree 4 days isn't enough to see a difference yet especially if you are working out, because you are building muscle which weighs more which might be replacing the fat that weighs less therefore you wouldn't see a movement in the scale.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    You have to give it more time!! :smile: You didn't gain the weight overnight and you can't lose it over night either. Stay off the scale for at least a week. I only weigh in once a week, some ppl don't even do it that much.
    Just be patient.
    If you are eating right and working out the scale WILL move. :flowerforyou:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Take a deep breath! It has only been FOUR DAYS!!!! A good weight loss is slow and steady and it may take a week or more to see the results. Goodness gracious if weight loss was that fast and easy then the world would be full of skinny people! Hang in there and keep at it and put the scale away for a few weeks. Concentrate on how your clothes are fitting and how you physically feel :wink:

PS: Read the link in my signature....it will help explain weight fluctuations :happy:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I agree! We'd LO-OVE to feel results of all our hard efforts IMMEDIATELY but it doesn't usually work that way. I too lost inches before I even budged the scale by one pound... COURAGE!!!
  • joibuttons
    Options
    Four days is not enough time to see any results. If the scale is going up this means you have probably increased your water intake, which is great!! It will take your body time to adjust, it is still filled with the old stuff (salt, fatty stuff,etc..). Also, try weighing in once a week, this will save your sanity!! Today is day 3 for me and the one thing that I have noticed is I get really excited to log in and log my food...I make it a point to NOT go to bed until I drink every ounce of 10 glasses of water...I make it a point to log the good and the bad food i eat so that I can see how it effects me. This is the best site ever!! Best of luck to you!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Four days is hardly enough time to make any determinations on future success. Give yourself a few weeks or a month to determine what works best for you.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I agree 4 days is not enough time to notice a difference. I have been doing this for like 70 days and I have lost 7-9 pounds, i gained some back on a bad week then lost it again. My advice is don't weigh yourself for a few weeks.
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I suggest hiding your scale and not bringing it out for at least two weeks! You're too focused on the numbers. One thing I noticed when I started on here a few weeks ago is that as soon as I started putting thought and effort into my diet again, and started working out a lot, I felt fantastic! My mood was better, I felt more confident, I think I've even been sleeping better. So don't worry about what the number is and ask yourself if you feel like your body is thanking you for all the hard work you've been putting in. If you're doing all the right things, the scale will start moving, but for me, the main benefit of all this is how much better I feel, and how much more energy I have.
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious if weight loss was that fast and easy then the world would be full of skinny people!

Funny! Great advise!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for 4 days now... and the scale isn't budging! If anything going up a bit..(just a half lb up or down) But sheesh!

Maybe I'm not eating enough. I have been following the app and taking in the calories..(actually maybe not quite) but even with working out... I just can't seem to get a burn.. I just don't get it! Work out to lose weight..but I have to eat more.. it's all just a bit confusing... I'M GONNA GO EAT A TWINKIE! JUST KIDDING! LOL

Really..I AM getting discouraged... :/

With only 17 lbs to go your loss will be quite slow and it should be right now the most you should aim for is 1 lb/week, once you get to the last 10 or 15 you should change that to a goal of 0.5 lbs/week. The slower you lose the less likely you are to lose muscle mass.
  • jenminor
    jenminor Posts: 1
    Options
    The scale can be a mean "B". Only weigh in once a week (or less) if you can. Also check your sodium in-take; just a little extra sodium can make you retain water. Drink lots of water (if don't like it add lemon or lime) and eat some greens (spinach, kale).
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I really should know this.. I was looking back at what I have been eating... no junk at all.. not even wanting it fortunately.. but I just think I should see something moving. I can't find my cloth tape measure so I haven't taken measurements.. have been just paying attention to my clothes.. I better find that though! :tongue:

THANKS Again for the Encouragement! :heart:
  • sarahfarmer001
    Options
    Hello!!! I am on day 5 as well and the scale for me hasn't budged a bit! Let's just keep focusing on eating healthy, tracking ourselves, and exercising.... then we'll look at the scale in a month or so and see! I like the comment about measuring yourself. That is really where the hard work will make you happy, NOT the weight!

SMILE~~LOVE YOURSELF~~BE GLAD YOU'VE BROUGHT YOURSELF TO WANTING TO LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE!!!

8089044.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    4 days? I've lost 2.6 lbs in 150 days after losing 40lbs.:ohwell: You have to be prepared for these things and keep truckin :smile: Give it at least 2 weeks before changing things up.