Anyone just starting training for their first Half or considering it?

Options
Anyone just starting training for their first Half or considering it? I'm looking for a virtual running buddy :)

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I am starting on a 10k with the idea of moving on to the half marathon training. SIL wants to do one together
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been training for my first half for six months. It's a week away!!! Happy to virtually run
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me! I started training a couple of weeks ago; the race is in October.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I did my first in May and I've not signed up for a second yet...but getting itchy to do a second so thought I'd start up the training schedule again.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I am three weeks out from my first duathlon (10k run, 44k bike, 5k run) but after that I will start training for a half a few weeks after that.

I am itching to get started truth be told. I've been bitten hard by the running bug!

You should check out this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10222628/august-2015-running-challenge#latest

It looks like a good way of keeping your head in the game ;)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Anyone just starting training for their first Half or considering it? I'm looking for a virtual running buddy :)

I considered it but then felt like it was a horrible idea. You have to run a lot in practice.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    yeah, that is a problem.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've just signed up for a half in March. There's a training group in my area associated with USAFit that I'll train with until then. Our time placement run is this weekend. I'm definitely up for a virtual training buddy as well!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

I considered it but then felt like it was a horrible idea. You have to run a lot in practice.

So you waffled on the idea?
    :*
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    yeah, that is a problem.

Actually as soon as it cools off a bit I'll do a 13+ mile run every weekend. It's just too hot right now for me to enjoy that. As for doing an actual race? I'm undecided for now.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

So you waffled on the idea?
    :*

waffle-house.gif