Breast after weight loss....

Options
Did you have loose skin after weight loss? If so, did it tighten on its own? I've gone from a full DD to a small DD or big D. I've already noticed some loose skin. I still want to lose another 15 pounds or so but I'm scared the loose skin will get worse. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'd suggest incorporating some strength work-outs into your routine to 'firm it up' a bit.

Lucky you being a D, I've gone from a C to an A :(
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90+ pounds and have no loose skin in that area.

Strength training is a good idea. Moisturizing isn't going to hurt anything either.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It depends on the make up of your boobs imo. If mainly tissue you should have less loss - if fatty then of course you'll probably lose some inches. How to tell? Well I suppose think about what you were like as a teen and/or prior to your weight gain? Although some womens' breasts do seem to change after breast feeding, I think. The problem is you can't choose where the weight comes off, some ppl lose boobage and some don't. I wish you well!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2 stone 7lbs to go.....boobs definitely shrunk..according to hubby!
  • MaggieMck104
    MaggieMck104 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds and my boobs have loose skin a bit too. Just do some regular chest exercises to help firm them up!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive gone from a DD to a C and dont have any saggy skin in that area.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40H to a 34H with 70lbs lost. Try finding those bras! Hahaha. I can't comment on loose skin. I didn't really have any in that area- it was more stretched. But I attribute that more to gravity and breastfeeding two kids more than I do weight changes. But one breast reduction later, everything is nice and tight again. Well above the ribs anyway....
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was really worried about this too which is why I train heavy weights. I feel this has helped tremendously with any potential loose skin. My sister and I are the same height, very close in age, and near same starting weight. I've lost over 70lbs and am still a very full DD with no loose skin. She used to be a DD and is now more of a full C - she has lost 60lbs and has significant loose skin and doesn't weight train.

I also agree with Clare that it depends on the composition of your breasts. More fat than actual tissue will make sense to sag or become loose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cup size alone doesn't mean anything. The band matters too... 34C and 32D are the same cup size, for example.

I went from 38 DD to 34 D, and honestly they are not sagging that much at all (obviously some, considering I'm not super young anymore, but it could have been worse). I mean yeah, there's a bit of loose skin, but it only shows if I lift my arms.

But as someone said, it depends on genetics. We're all boobs and hips in my family.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I went from a 46ddd to at 36c. Yeah they are saggy, but who cares, a good bra fixes it all.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have noticed a bit of saggier skin on my boobs, but a decent supporting bra works fine. They have maybe lost a cup size but everything else has shrunk too so they are in proportion.

I find a balconette style bra to be the best for uplift and giving that "fuller" look at the top of the boob. I find plunge or padded ones give a cleavage but kind of a flat squashed cleavage lol.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I never thought of that! I'm a G and hope to lose 2 stone. :/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about loose skin in this area. My band size went down and cup size went up but I don't have much fullness on top. Maybe my skin will shrink up more but who knows? I went from A to D and then B while breastfeeding and then after that lost my weight. I know that recent literature says that breastfeeding doesn't cause sagginess but I would think that two years of it would have at least some effect on the skin and its elasticity.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    It absolutely depends on the composition of your skin. Some skin stretches better than other skin, and has a better ability to 'snap back' when weight is lost. It also depends on how fast the weight was gained originally, as the skin stretches more easily when it is a slow process. And it can only stretch so far without damage - as we've all seen with stretch marks, which are damage to the skin that is irreversible.
    My skin, for example, is very thick, which is good for the fact that it doesn't wrinkle easily, but bad for the fact that it didn't stretch easily, either. When I was pregnant, I gained a lot of weight in my belly and breasts, and they stretched quickly. The skin didn't return very well when I lost the weight I had gained. I have a flat belly, but I have loose skin there. My breasts got smaller, but they got flatter as well. The dermatologist told me there was nothing I could have done (other than not to have gained so much weight). Moisturizers can't do much when you overstretch your skin. All you can do is lose the weight, lift weights and see what happens. If you're left with loose skin, you can either embrace your body as it is and love the fact that you're thinner and happier, or pay for surgery to correct the loose skin.
  • vlovell24
    vlovell24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ah, the boob issue. It depends on your breast size before you gained weight. My best friend was always a A cup. She gained 100 lb, and her breast size went to a DD. If she loses weight, they will go back to an A cup, but will probably be saggy. I have always been a D cup, even with the weight gain, I am a D cup. When the weight is off, I should still be a D cup. It depends on the amount of mammary tissue you had before the weight gain.
  • tannibal_lecter
    tannibal_lecter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My boobs deflated hardcore: from a large c almost d to a large b and no signs of stopping. I am not too worried about it really so I haven't really tried to fix the sagging.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stretched skin takes time to come back. How much / how fast stretched skin snaps back depends upon: how old you are, how far the skin was stretched, how long the skin was stretched, and genetics.
  • runfreer
    runfreer Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My boobs are so small now, I don't need a sports bra, just a tight tank top will do the trick. To be fair, they were only a small C to begin with, but two kids and a serious running hobby later...poof! They're gone!
    f007qpgixymh.jpg
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are no muscles in the breast so weight training does not change them. It affects only the chest muscles.
  • FittyNotFattie2014
    FittyNotFattie2014 Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I was a 36DD before and still wear a 36DD but before e I filled it all the way out and now it just fits better into a DD. There is just some loose skin when I lay down, not when I stand up or anything