Workout suggestions please!

Options
2»

Replies

• jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to try to make myself go to the gym and I hated it. As people keep saying, find something you actually enjoy doing. For example, I started a kickboxing class and I absolutely love it. It's very hard work, but I do look forward to going. I try to go 3-4 times a week and they are hour long classes. They are incredibly challenging but you get to go at your own pace and work with all different kinds of people.

Another thing I do a lot is walk. Now it doesn't burn a substantial amount of calories versus other exercises, but I really enjoy it. I typically walk during my lunch break at work (30 mins) and sometimes about 30 mins after work as well just for fun and to unwind a little.

My sister has been losing weight as well and she is obsessed with Blogilates on youtube. She has tons of videos on her channel and I liked them when I tried them out, though I prefer not to do video exercises, you may enjoy them and you don't need any equipment except maybe a yoga mat.
  • _Juhi_
    _Juhi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Bellydance is a great workout for people of all body types. It's a lot of fun, a great workout, and doesn't cause high impact on joints but can really get your heart pumping and tone your body all-over. Be prepared to laugh at yourself... and then feel very good about yourself!

I recommend going to a local class if you can, but videos aren't bad either, just look for one on amazon with a 4+star rating.

Now that sounds fun...Will buy the dvd or follow the videos :smiley: thanks alot for the suggestions!
  • _Juhi_
    Options
    JM has a great DVD that is for beginners. It is very easy to follow and great for someone wanting to get in the circuit training game. I highly recommend that before trying 30 day shred,, no more trouble zones, etc. It'd called jm for beginners or something like that. You can find dit on amazon. Good luck!

Oh..Thanks for informing! Will search for it :) Thank you so much
  • _Juhi_
    Options
    Thank to each one of you! I was so confused about workouts earlier but now I know better :blush:
    Excited already!
  • _Juhi_
    Options
    mikeyrs wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of workout videos. I use the Runtastic Pump-It Apps on my iPod Touch for body weight strength training. The Pump-It Apps include Sit-ups, Squats, Pushups and Pull-Ups. I also use a Step Deck which provides an awesome cardio workout well beyond just walking. I also ride my bike several times a week and attend Yoga class about twice a week. At 200 pounds, as long as you keep moving, you're gonna lose a bunch of weight. So.... just turn off that TV, get up off your couch or easy chair, and don't stop moving until you're ready for bed. And do that everyday! That's truly how I managed to lose my 40 or so pounds.
    Thank youuuu for the advice ..m gonna follow that!
    And also gonna download the apps
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender videos on youtube. If you feel you are more a beginner level, just search for "fitness blender low impact" on youtube and you'll find lots of good ones. Then as you progress you can do more of the advanced workouts there too. I find them easy to follow.

This! I've lost 36lbs so far and a lot of it is down to fitnessblender (CICO is obviously the main reason but workouts help me stay within my goals). They have a great website where you can choose the difficulty setting or enter a keyword like 'beginner' they're fab and free!
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You've got a lot of ideas to explore now. Have fun checking them out and keep trying things until you find a couple you enjoy.
  • jannette825
    jannette825 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope is really good