c25k

Options
im going 2 try the c25k nxt week, i hope i can do it! Has anyone got any tips or advice b4 i start pls.

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i dont eat or drink anything an hour before exercising or while exercising. prevents me from getting a stitch
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    DO IT!! Start slow!! I am in W2D2 and it is good and I am very proud of myself. :)
  • Rheenz
    Rheenz Posts: 23
    Options
    do exactly what they instruct you to do.. and feel free to repeat any week you need too. It was working out great for me until I started Keto and I am on day 4 of Keto and it's effecting my energy...
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    what if i get thirsty? i am always thirsty! :smile:
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Definitely start slow. Even if you think you can run faster, just jog. The point of the program is to help you gain endurance. You can work on your speed later.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i love c25k im on week 2 day 3 right now. if you arent used too running it might hard the first week. just don't give up and push yourself! after each week reward yourself with something- not food. :) goodluck!
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had trouble in the beginning until a friend of mine told me to run at the same pace as I walk (on a treadmill this is easy) and I was able to get through it and haven't looked back since. I am now on week 6 and able to jog 25 minutes straight. I usually walk at 3.5 mph and jog at 4-4.2 mph!! Good luck!!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am currently on week 6 Day 2. This comes from a person who has never ran a day in her life. The first day i started the program i was scared and i would say to myself, there is no way i'm going to do this. I tried it out and low and behold I made it through the first day and then the second and so on and so forth.
    1st thing i tell newbies to c25k is to start slow. Work on your endurance first and once you can run a 5k and see your time, then you can work on your speed traning. Try to focus on your breathing. For me in the beginning, i was breathing in and out through my nose and by the half way mark i was breathing in and out through my mouth. But now I have found a balalnce.
    You may want to quit in the beginning but just keep at it, if you have to reapeat weeks, then do it.
    But if you feel like stopping in the middle of run, just slow down your pace and keep going. Remember, YOU CAN DO THIS....it's mind over matter.
    I wish you the best of luck and YOU GOT THIS!!!:)
    ~Chika
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    thanx evry1 4 all the advice and encouragement, I did a 5k 2 years ago but jogged, i would love 2 enter another 1 and b able 2 run.........i WILL do it, thanx again.x
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    As others stated, definitely take it easy in the beginning and don't do consecutive days.

Be aware of your upper body. Make sure it is relaxed or that will zap energy from you. I noticed how much tension I had in my upper body when I first started and really made an effort to keep it loose. That helped a lot.

I was bummed when I came into a case of plantar fasciitis just recently and had to take a week off. I got back on last night for the first time since the flare up and it felt great. I thought for sure I would have lost everything I worked to achieve. I did better than I ever have. Moral of the story - if you a hurting - not just the usual muscle soreness - make sure to REST!!