In need of exercise tips!

Options
Anyone have any exercise tips for working on your stomach area and arms. I have tried a few things and it doesn't seem to be working or I may not be doing it correctly. Eager to lose this weight any tips will help thanks in advance

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    IMO, I'd say up your cardio. If you have belly-fat, there is no point in doing hundreds of crunches each day, you need to blast the fat first of all so to speak. Unfortunately, you can't lose fat from chosen spots (Such a pain! :() so get running, jogging, walking, whatever and don't neglect the weights. It all helps!

Also, your diet will really be important but that goes without saying.
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    In relation to what Pink just said if you start jogging to lose body fat ensure you keep your heart rate at the body fat burn zone. A heart rate monitor by Polar or Zephyr helps and that's what I use.
    As far as you abs go, try the app "30 day ab challenge". I have worked out for years and I have found that for me that challenge took me stomach beyond where it ever was. It starts out slow and you build from there. If you get stuck on a day where you can't do what they are expecting.....keep hitting and it and pushing till you get it.
    Arms: WOW, loaded question. There are lots of great exercises to do. Add me to your friends list and I have type up something for you that works wonders. If you hit it hard you can actually get your heart rate up to burn lots of calories too. Good luck. Dave
  • d_pink88
    d_pink88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Try a structured weight lifting program plus a calorie deficit and give it some time. Cardio can help do, but diet is key. As they say, abs are made in the kitchen.