looking for friends

Options
I am new to this site and really want to make this a great experience, so I am looking for friends that are doing the same. If you would like I am a good listener and i really love to talk so we can do this together

Replies

• msminyon
    msminyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for local friends also that hop online each day and keep their food journals updated. Looks like I need to expand nation wide...lol.
  • Ngarner2011
    Ngarner2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Jeannied48! Same here - I have about 100 lbs more to lose (lost 22 lb so far) and I want to jump into this with both feet!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Please feel free to add me =)
  • staylolopez
    Options
    Hi there. I am new as well. I'm just trying to get the hang of things here. I use the app on my phone everyday. It has a large data base of food to find the calories & such. I have 150 pounds to lose!! So i have a long road ahead of me. I have done the weight watchers, south beach, hypnosis etc! I have high bp & need to get my self under control.

The one thing that makes sense to me is that the calories we take in have to be accounted for if you want to loose weight & be healthy. I figured the calculations for the BMR, but im confused. The amount it tells me I should have is around 2000 calories.
    I think thats way to much. I lowered it to 1610 calories. But I have seen comments on here that say you cant go too low or your body goes into "starvation" mode. I am exercising too. Once I logged in my exercise yesterday it gave me 254 more calories! i didnt use them, so I hope Im doing this correctly. Any advice will be appreciated.

My biggest challenge is staying motivated, but I have seen some wonderful people on here already so this time WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!! It has to be :) I have a wonderful family that needs me & I adore! I need to be here & be at my best. The lifestyle change I have made will benefit my family in many ways.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeannie my friend - so glad you are on here! Although i constantly struggle with staying disciplined enough in all areas (including loggin), this is by far the easiest to use and friendliest site i've found. There is a lot of info in the message boards, so look around and enjoy!

staylolopez, i know what you mean about feeling that the site gives you too many calories, but remember, the more you weigh, the more calories you have to eat just to stay the same...and then to lose weight safely, it really is recommended not to go beyond two pounds a week. I think we are all used to what we know of as "dieting" where you here that everyone else is eating 1200 calories, etc. etc..but remember, you are an individual. The important part in the beginning is to get used to logging, then you can see exactly how you naturally are eating and where your calories are adding up. Start with that 2000, if after a couple weeks you don't see any progress, you might want to adjust it...but you would be surprised what you will find out just from logging, and you will be surprised at how you can start losing weight. My calories per day are 1900. And when i eat 1900 calories, i do lose the weight, as i get lower and record the weigh ins, my calorie levels get adjusted and get lower and lower. My mom used this site and lost almost 100 lbs....she started at the higher levels of calories too, it has taken her a year and a half probably, but she has safely and slowly lost almost all her weight...now her limits are 1200 a day....she likes to eat more than that, so she exercises for the "extra calories" aka extra food!

You probably will lose initial weight if you go on 1600 calories, i tried to put mine lower than 1900 because i want to lose faster, but you know what, i found that i really felt like i was dieting and it was so much lower than what i'm used to eating, i constantly went over and felt defeated. With the 1900 it's not a drastic change and i am able to do it.

Try it!! You will see :-) I promise!