Another half a pound!!!

Options
AriesGal329
AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
I'm not losing as quickly as I'd like, but I've now lost 4.5 pounds in the 3 weeks I've been living more healthy! I'm ok with that because the changes I've made in my diet and the exercise I'm doing (mainly swimming) is something i can maintain. So losing slowly is ok. If I were starving myself and working out like crazy I'd lose faster, but I could never maintain that lifestyle. Yay!

Replies

• runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great way to think about it :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing as quickly as I'd like, but I've now lost 4.5 pounds in the 3 weeks I've been living more healthy! I'm ok with that because the changes I've made in my diet and the exercise I'm doing (mainly swimming) is something i can maintain. So losing slowly is ok. If I were starving myself and working out like crazy I'd lose faster, but I could never maintain that lifestyle. Yay!

Yep, yay! You will win in the long run :)
  • qshadab
    qshadab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat due to work constraints. All I started healthy diet and an hour of swimming. Hope it helps and remember the tortoise and rabbit race.
  • SunshineBdoll
    SunshineBdoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I used to be a swimmer and it was my life. This was just highschool, and that was 10 years ago, but I still feel giddy when I smell the chlorine. A membership to the Y is out of the budget for now, so I'm a fish on dry land. It makes my heart happy to hear about others that have found out how great it is! I'm proud of you! Slow and steady wins the race. I just started my journey a month ago, and I hope one day I can add water back into my life. Good luck!
  • KeepGoinGirl
    KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! Making it a lifestyle change is the way to do it. I could never maintain a hardcore diet either.
  • YesssHoney
    YesssHoney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your mindset is awesome, congrats!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!