It's finally working for me!

Options
Hi I'm Dani,
I've been fairly active but I wasn't able to drop even 1 pound with all my activity. I decided to count my calories on a regular day and realized I was consuming about 3000 calories a day and on my way to gaining more weight. This was a eye opener. Next day I started being more cautious and logging my calories, it's now 19 days later and I'm 6 pounds lighter, couldn't be happier. I hope to continue up to 50 pounds lost, and maintain it.

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot! Go!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss ! Weighing all foods with a food scale is so important. It really helps to be as accurate as possible!
  • johanna0528
    johanna0528 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can relate, Dani! I was eating all the right foods...but just too much! LOL! Awareness is so powerful! Welcome! :)
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Nice, how many calories did you set your goal to now?
  • Rawrishh
    Rawrishh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome! (:
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm getting used to weighing everything. It's a pain, but it's also really opened my eyes. Sometimes it's "There are HOW many calories in that little bit of food?!" but sometimes it's also "Hey, I can have more of that!" Congratulations on your loss!
  • danio878
    danio878 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. My calories are set at 1340 per day. Most days it's really not hard, I usually have some to spare. But I'm also taking it easy if I happen to have a cheat day because I don't want to quit. I know I'll end up quitting if I don't give myself some slack. I was surprised to find out how many calories I was drinking in a regular day, almost 800! Wow. I'm lucky cuz I love water so it hasn't been hard to drink mostly water. Water is actually a good send because it's helping me with cravings. If I feel hungry I drink some water and wait about 5 minutes, most times I wasn't even hungry after.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Awesome. It really is a think of beauty, isn't it? So glad you got things in check and are on the way to goal!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Way to go- you are doing fabulous
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I would "diet" by eating 2,500 calories in a single salad meal. Logging was eye-opening in many ways, before I even made any changes.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Very well done, it's great when you start to see progress :smile:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Awesome. Keep at it and modify as needed. This time around I do eat at maintenance after each 10-15 pound loss for about a month or so. For the past 40 years I have had 100%+ regains after each loss. Going for Zero regain at this point in life. :)
  • clarkkent4523
    clarkkent4523 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and the results will be amazing!
  • chubsieivy
    chubsieivy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep it up!
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep it up!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Brilliant work! Well done :)