Your favourite dense calorie foods?

Hey everyone, been working out for 16 months seriously. I've bulked from 60kg to 75kg lean in that time. (I'm 18 6 foot)

I am eating around 3.3k calories per day, I was just wondering what everyone's favourite dense calorie meals are? I find myself eating the same things a lot so I was looking for some new meal ideas really.

Replies

• vunderkiid
    vunderkiid Posts: 2 Member
    It is not so much a food as it is a small treat to have with meals: 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream. It is an old trick I learned in my power lifting days. Have 2Tspns with every meal. Do not confuse it with "whipped cream" as it is not the same. Best Wishes.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Hey everyone, been working out for 16 months seriously. I've bulked from 60kg to 75kg lean in that time. (I'm 18 6 foot)

I am eating around 3.3k calories per day, I was just wondering what everyone's favourite dense calorie meals are? I find myself eating the same things a lot so I was looking for some new meal ideas really.

Congrats on the increase. I'm on a similar line as you going from 55kg to 70kg by the start/mid September, well that is the plan anyway.

I'm on 4,000 calories a day and I normally eat the same meals most days as well like two handful of almonds and cashews, apples, bananas, chicken curry with brown rice/potatoes,pasta, spaghetti with a load of vegetables or chili con carne with the same or spaghetti bolognaise with the same and these 3 meals would normally come to around 1,000 - 1,200 calories and have a glass of full fat milk, popcorn if I'm at the cinema, wholegrain nutty bread with peanut butter and jam/jell o, 4 scoops of oats/porridge in the morning with a banana, scoop of grounded flaxseed, sunflower seeds and millseeds, tablespoon of jam, tablespoon of honey, 3 scoops of full fat milk, etc.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Peanut butter + Spoon = Heaven...LOL

Those were the days! LOL
  • harryfrankham1
    harryfrankham1 Posts: 34 Member
    Celery and lettuce
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    The sausage gravy and biscuit I had for breakfast was pretty great.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    ice cream

end thread
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    rib-eye steaks
    piles of pasta
    1/2 Lb burgers w/bun
    Brats
    pork shoulder
    mac & cheese
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    Easy. Dessert=cakes, pastries, anything sweet.

Meals you say? Ok fine. Then Thai food, curries, japanese, garlic bread, pasta, anything with carbs really. Can you tell I miss carbs?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Curries, pasta, cheese (cheese is a meal!), avocado and fetta on sourdough, lamb rump are what immediately spring to mind. Ohh icecream! Brownies.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member

Avacados ! ice cream! peanut butter!!! or peanut butter ice cream !!! even better double peanut butter ice cream!!!

Eating high in calories is so easy, I don't get why people ask this... you can have a plate of nachos and that would be close to 3K calories, 30 chicken wings boom 3k calories depending on the sauce...
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Ribs!
  • Travistarrant426
    Travistarrant426 Posts: 11 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    Congrats on the increase. I'm on a similar line as you going from 55kg to 70kg by the start/mid September, well that is the plan anyway.

Thanks man. Best of luck on your weight gain too, you seem to have a really good food basis.
    Definately given me some ideas to try!
  • Travistarrant426
    Travistarrant426 Posts: 11 Member
    Peanut butter + Spoon = Heaven...LOL

Those were the days! LOL

You can't go wrong with that! Haha
    Ribs!

I don't tend to eat ribs but I'll definately look into incorporating ribs into my red meats for variety.
    Thanks!

Eating high in calories is so easy, I don't get why people ask this... you can have a plate of nachos and that would be close to 3K calories, 30 chicken wings boom 3k calories depending on the sauce...

I eat really clean so the calories I get are fitting my macros and as easy as it would be to eat rubbish and gain weight that's not the goal.

My body runs 5x better in the gym with a healthy lean bulk than eating crap.