• sarah89xo
    sarah89xo Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Never used to eat proper meals at work just snacked
  • JennaColleensMama
    JennaColleensMama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried mason jar salads? I made some the other day and they were pretty good. There are recipes all over the internet and you can make a few at a time.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Make a huge pan of bolognese.
    split it into portions
    Freeze
    Take portion when needed with some frozen veg and pasta
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just cook my meals in two portions and get one ready to take with me to work. Makes life pretty easy!
    Just put it in a tupperware or get a lunchbox.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I cook for a few lunches at a time - soups, eggwhite and vegie frittatas, salads etc.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yes.. soups,salads,fritata,quiche,humus n veg,chili,potato to nuke,top with cottage for protein,or cottage & fruit with seeds,,always add nuts ,beans,quinoa,or seeds to salads & or soups to up your protein & keep you full longer.Actually anything you make for dinners or any meals,just save a portion for lunches.Happy Lunch ";"
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I pre-cook lunches for the week on Sundays. This past week I cooked a big batch of rice and mixed it with ground beef, BBQ sauce, and mixed vegetables. I portion it out into equal size tupperwares. I've been also bringing a mini cup of applesauce and a cup of dry cereal as a snack. Cheese sticks would also be good as a side.
  • SunshineBdoll
    SunshineBdoll Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Last week I was on a Spaghetti Squash Kick! I cooked it the night before and just put it in the fridge. I'm sure you could cook more for more days, but it's so filling and so low in calories. The best part is my daughter is crazy about it! I top mine with hamburger/marinara.
  • fletchsc
    fletchsc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been assembling "bento" boxes the night before with the rubbermaid lunch blox containers, usually some combination of lunchmeat or leftover chicken from dinner, lowfat cheese, hard boiled eggs, and hummus and veggies. I like that nutrition wise it adds up to what I need for lunch, but it allows me to snack at my desk a bit if I need/want to.