Hate to journal

Options
Hello fitness fans. I started using my fitness pal a few months ago but I hate keeping track of what I eat. I get stressed out trying to log everything since I don't always include herbs, spices, dressing and incidental ingredients. Any tips?

Replies

• LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! There are times i will take a logging break just because the stress of dealing with the numbers gets to me some times. I dont ever log my spices and only dressings that have calories...like olive oil or salad dressing. I have found that if i pre log a day or two in advance its easier to stick to the plan and then i have the ingredients in my database for next time. Logging does work especially if you arent the cleanest of eaters like myself.
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    it doesn't have to be perfect. as long as you log the main stuff it will help a lot. unless you have some records it is so easy to lose track of things. just get most of it.

• chubsieivy
    chubsieivy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i felt the same with but with the scanner now it is so easy to log things...even spices. And if you are like me a have a lot of the same meals you can just store it in your recipes (the pre logging idea was great btw i may use that!) and its a simple click next time you log on. good luck to you!!!