Losing weight is hard

Options
MizTBlue1964
MizTBlue1964 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am ready to give up!!
I have been using this app since June and only lost 3.4 lbs. My weight has gone up and down and up again. How can I fix this???
I even go to the gym 3 times a week at almost 2 hrs every time. What am I doing wrong???

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Exercise only allows you to eat a little more. In itself, exercise is not necessary for weight loss. So, the basics:

- have you been weighing your food--all your food, every bite--in grams on a digital good scale and logging it? No 'cups', 'pieces', and 'spoons'!
    - how do you measure exercise burn?
    - do you eat back your exercise calories? Don't trust anything but a HRM. For anything else, eat back a maximum of 50 to 75 percent

Further more:
    - weight loss is not linear! Even if you log accurately, there will always be spikes and drops
    - focus on non scale victories like measurements and clothing sizes
    - you haven't been at this for very long. Give it time!

Good luck!
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    if it was easy we'd all be in slim, lol. but i've learned lots on my 95 day journey by reading the forum here & learning. I've become more accurate in my food logs. i weigh everything, yes everything. I'm down 44 pounds
  • teense01
    teense01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue...been logging food intake for 5 weeks...lost just 3.5 lbs. Very frustrated. How much does menopause have to do with this, if any? Wanting to lose 15 lbs...
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Clearly you are not happy with your weight , so the first thing we need to learn is that giving up is not going to make you feel better and it's only going to take you back to were you started or even more, and those 3.4 lbs that you've lost with so much effort are soon going to be gone. SO NO THAT'S NOT AN OPTION!

I dont know your stats or how much you need/want to lose, but you have to take a step back and focus on your food, yes your food! Don't kill me but if I were you I would quit the gym for a week maybe, and just really focus on your calories/food and above all your logging! When I started it was too much the gym plus the logging, it took a while to figure it out, so when I learned how to properly eat according to my calories, I got back to my gym.

I know, believe me is hard to hear someone tell you when you think you are doing everything perfect that guess what you're doing it wrong, but we are human and is a human thing to make mistakes, if I could point the 2 things that are helping me succeed are 1) MY FOOD SCALE 2) The forumsss! I'm not alone in this, whatever I'm going through, there's someone else going through the same.

And NO, exercise is not part of my success, that's only an easy way to eat more

I wish you the best! Do not give up -.- :)
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back the calories you burn from exercise.
    Measure everything you eat and record it.
    Set your physical activity level to the lowest level and base your daily calories on that.

If you haven't lost weight either your calorie estimates are inaccurate due to not measuring out serving sizes or you're not being honest to yourself about what you are eating.

You don't lose the kind of weight you want to simply by exercising while eating the same that you normally do. Stay within your daily calorie limit, even with the exercise but don't sweat if you go over by 100-200 once and a while.

Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Your body burns more calories converting protein into usable chemicals than you would burn running for 3 1/2 miles straight.