20 year olds

Options
hi all I'm 20 and looking for other people around my age on weightloss/fitness journeys! Right now I'm really struggling with over eating (I no longer have my 17 year old metabolism) and staying. Away from any snacking and binge eating!

Replies

• pricelessmuzik1
    pricelessmuzik1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I struggled with over eating because I didn't know I was over eating, since I started tracking everything I eat I've been slowly losing weight
  • ThatBassoonChick
    ThatBassoonChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 23! :) I know what you mean! I did sports my entire life until college then I quit exercising entirely. It's been an interesting last few years watching as my weight went up. My biggest struggle was portion control. I know I don't eat well (I basically live off of processed food and pasta) but I would never portion it. Since doing so my weight has kind of fell off.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 21 and I know what you mean. Since I moved out of my parents house 2 years ago for university I put on a LOT of weight. I'd already been gaining in my college years before that but being the only person to control portion size/what I was eating was the deciding factor. Similar to what others have said above me though, now that I've been logging I've realised how to control my portion sizes. I have a much healthier relationship with food and have lost weight in the process :)
  • Apfelglitzer
    Apfelglitzer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 23 and working on getting in shape. I got really lazy for awhile, and even though my size didn't go up too much, I got very...squishy. I'm trying to cut back on sugar and exercise for 30 minutes every day! It's really challenging but I hope to see results!
  • knutson_ashley
    knutson_ashley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 27...add me if you'd like.
  • brfm_92
    brfm_92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and have had the same issue with portion control. I went to the doctors almost a month ago and realized I was just a few lbs away from 200. It was a HUGE wake up call that I needed. Before I moved out of my parents house I was around 130, that was 4 years ago. Being the person to feed myself, go to school full time as well as working full time I turned to processed foods, soda & fast food. But I'm doing better now & am sticking with it! I'm going to add you :) anyone else feel free to add me.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    danikat19 wrote: »
    hi all I'm 20 and looking for other people around my age on weightloss/fitness journeys! Right now I'm really struggling with over eating (I no longer have my 17 year old metabolism) and staying. Away from any snacking and binge eating!

Hello! I'm 20 as well, on the same path as you! So glad to have gotten a hold of this app. I've started to control my portions and even though I do overeat some days, I just take it and move onto the next day and don't beat myself up. It's been interesting, and I haven't lost too much weight, but I've noticed I feel a lot better, have more energy and am not as bloated like I was from years of binging. Good luck and add me if you like as well. :)
  • lilbthebasedgod
    lilbthebasedgod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20, and I've been dealing with episodes of binge eating that usually correlate to my emotions and most stressful times (e.g. When exams come around). It has gotten better since I've started my journey this April, as I am more aware of what I put into my body! I hope to join you on your fitness journey, and anyone else who sees this is more than welcome to send me a friend request :)
  • tessemitchell
    tessemitchell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and am struggling with the same thing! I also am very short and have gained weight due to a medication that I am taking. I'm just getting started, this is my first week on MFP!
  • nikkivangasteren
    nikkivangasteren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 20 and I have a lot of problems with binge eating, when I'm stressed or when I'm bored :( I also never really worked out so I'm badly out of shape. I'm 1.60m/5'3'' and currently weigh 82kg/181lbs, my heighest weight ever. I'm currently getting ready to start my weight loss journey.
  • RachaelHickey2015
    RachaelHickey2015 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm 19 and I am having the same problem! Since February I have put on 1.5stone! I signed up to my gym in May and have actually found working out makes me put on weight because I get sooo hungry after a good work out! But recently I've been eating clean and working out for four days until last night when I had a massssive carb binge! Today I'm going to try again- I'm glad there are people here on a similar weight loss journey!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I guarantee that your metabolism isn't the issue
  • aspirehealthy
    aspirehealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 24, im struggling with my weightgain from march (gained around 25lbs), add me x
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm 21, currently on my own in college. I gained a lot of weight my first two years of college, and have now lost my entire freshman 21 (not 15!!) and am working on getting myself to a healthy weight. I am a long distance runner, which definitely makes staying within calorie limits easier, and I cook most of my meals for myself (something that gets easier and easier as you do it). My diary is open, feel free to add me!
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm 22
  • Haleycz496
    Haleycz496 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    22 and working on my weight loss journey as well. I was so fit in high school and then started gaining weight in college due to lack of exercise, stress, and drinking alcohol a lot. sick of gaining weight and ready to get back to my high school weight! Feel free to add me if you like! ~15 lbs down, 30 to go!!