Oh to be younger again

Options
Playing with a calorie calculator this morning.
58 yo female 5'8"... ideal weight is 140.
To maintain @ 140:
Sedentary= 1516 cals per day
Light activity= 1737 cals per day
Moderate activity= 1958 cals per day.

Has anyone else calculated their future? It made me realize that watching calories and exercising is forever! Lol

Replies

• Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes :/ even at 20 yo ... I looked it all up and thought man another 70years+ of this shizz.... :(
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    At least I only have about 20+ years of this shizz!! Lol. I think I'll stop caring so much when I get close to 75.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yep. That's why I exercise! You get more calories. But yes, tracking, weighing and measuring forever is my future.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    To maintain @ 140:

Has anyone else calculated their future? It made me realize that watching calories and exercising is forever! Lol

Yes, it is forever, but fortunately forever isn't as long for some of us as others! Lol.
    60 yo/f
    SW 301
    CW 196
    GW 150
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Youth is wasted on the young.
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sad .. :/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....who would have thunk that good livin' and rockin' your nutrition and fitness would need to continue into perpetuity?
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes :/ even at 20 yo ... I looked it all up and thought man another 70years+ of this shizz.... :(

If you're lucky . The alternative is unthinkable ((;

• Twolfe57
    Twolfe57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lol. Love this site. Hey like fine wine we get better with age. I have fought weight all my life. Hoping I could do it with all these resources and motivational speakers here.
  • Cup_
    Cup_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes exercise and somewhat moderate eating/drinking is long-term. But that's better than deteriorating health and living miserably long-term.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    At 65............I'm enjoying it all the way to the end! Why not feel good along the way?
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I just did, I see lots of broccoli in my future. However, as long as I don't need a home care nurse or end up in a retirement home I don't think I will care if I am a little over weight.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and grateful that I'm here. . . at my goal weight and healthy. I'm hoping to keep it that way for a few more decades. There are many benefits to being older and I plan to enjoy every one of them.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am 67 and my grandchildren and great grandchildren keep me going!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    To maintain @ 140:

Great thread. @hamelle Almost identical stats as me. I am a few lbs off goal but I had a lightbulb moment recently when it dawned on me that even in maintenance, counting and logging is forever.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's forever, but forever isn't that long for me, 66 next month, and I feel so much better that I can get a lot more livin' crammed into whatever time is left, haha.
  • hamelle2
    Options
    I have been so focused on getting to that goal weight...the finish line...success!
    Seeing these numbers made me realize that I really need to adjust my thinking.
    It can no longer be a diet for me...it's life!
  • hamelle2
    Options
    I'm 60 and grateful that I'm here. . . at my goal weight and healthy. I'm hoping to keep it that way for a few more decades. There are many benefits to being older and I plan to enjoy every one of them.

Hi Sherry. Great attitude! Congratulations on reaching that goal weight. I have a long way to go yet but I'll get there come hell or high water!
    Whatever that means....lol
  • hamelle2
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Hmmmm....who would have thunk that good livin' and rockin' your nutrition and fitness would need to continue into perpetuity?

I guess I thought my calorie intake would be a bit higher when maintaining. I'm so focused on losing one day at a time.....but you're right! Sometimes I can can be slow to catch on to reality. Lol
  • hamelle2
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's forever, but forever isn't that long for me, 66 next month, and I feel so much better that I can get a lot more livin' crammed into whatever time is left, haha.

Happy birthday Trina! We share a birthday month. I used to "diet" to look better. Now it's all about living life and feeling better! :)