Torn between 2 programs

Options
hi . I had some success on 21 day fix but it's sizzled out for me . I'm thinking of Jillian michaels body revolution or at least her online program . I also have beachbody new program Cize . Thoughts ?

Replies

• louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I havent tried any of those but the only programs that kept mw intereted are T25 which is fun and varied. Turbofire agaon loads of fun and very varied, more choice and my fave because of enjoyment and results P90X3.
    Cize looks good but having spent yrs doing zumba ill give it a miss.
    Depends what you are looking for but p90x3 gave me more results in both measurements, weight and visual look. Also help me with technique.
  • slovercarlye
    slovercarlye Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite by far is Cize. I don't even feel like I am working out. With that said, I use it for cardio, as it doesn't focus on strength as much. Shaun T is a lot of fun and the songs are current. Plus it makes me feel like i can actually dance :)
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Love my beach body. Following on day 6 and love it.
  • Lss3771
    Lss3771 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is p90x for older people who are intermediate ? I'm 44 . Afraid I'm going to hurt myself
  • Lss3771
    Options
    I like Cize too
  • Lss3771
    Options
    But don't you need the strength training too to really see results ? Cize is all cardio and I'm thinking of selling it to a friend
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
  • Lss3771
    Options
    Weight loss
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    And what part, specifically, do you want exercise to play in that?
  • Lss3771
    Options
    To help me get results ( weight loss ) . I know it has more to do with cutting calories , but some programs can accelerate it . There are so many out there ! Just wondering what has worked for people when on a 1200 calorie diet
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    "help get results" doesn't mean anything.

Are you trying to burn as many exercise calories as possible? Are you trying to suppress appetite? Retain lean mass? What is the #1 thing you want out of an exercise program? Why did you "fizzle" on your last attempt?

Etc etc etc

These all affect weight loss in different ways - you need to figure out what you're really trying to do, first.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    And what part, specifically, do you want exercise to play in that?

Exactly. Read these boards for awhile and it will help you to decide how and what type of workout and exercise you want. I'm a jogger but wanted a more balanced approach with more strength moves in the arms and core so I'm doing the T25 series now. I record my calories so I can eat them back, so it isn't to help me lose weight. I am hungrier when I work out and eat more.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like Cize and I am adding it in 3-4 times a week to supplement running and lifting. Just trying for some extra calorie burn and it does make me feel like I have a few dance moves B)
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Is p90x for older people who are intermediate ? I'm 44 . Afraid I'm going to hurt myself

Yes! Tony Horton is nearly 60. They are mainly resistance but few bits of cardio and they have modified versions.
    He is a sensible trainer who points out u should do what u feel comfy with.
    P90 bored me as they are hr workouts but P90X3 is amazing and there are workout calendars for a few different variations depending on ur goal ie build mass, tone etc.
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Yes P90X can be done. There are modifiers if you feel you need them.