Please share workout tips for the girl who hates to work out!

Options
13»

Replies

• ellensue553
    ellensue553 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi guys ,
    Brand new here!
    My name is Sarah and I am looking for tips on how to burn fat and tone stomach(PCOS carry alot of weight there) and strengthen my legs!
    I need to lose about about 60lbs
    Any advice would be great and much appreciated!
    Thank you!

Start with getting your diet in check before jumping into exercise. Give up all starch, sugar and aaturated fats. Eat more chicken and fish with veggies. Eggs are great too. Stay away from soft cheeses. Bo condiments contain I ng jigh fructose corn syrup or sugar. Salsa is a grwat condiment. Once you've dropped 10 or 20 pounds just from diet restriction you may het motivated to exwrcise. I would just find a fun dance dvd like zumba or something. Good luck
  • findoutntry
    findoutntry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Find something you like. I HATE cardio. So today, instead of forcing myself to do something I hate-I researched buying a bike, because I could get down with that, plus I could use it to go on adventures. But really, I should have sucked it up and done some cardio anyway :)

Ha! I have also though of a bike!

Do you have any tips are starting lifting (even if its just baby strength training with dumbbells. For at home mostly not ready to invest in gym membership)???? :)

All kinds of workouts on you tube any thing you can think of... Zwow # 1to 70 if you don't like that there is yoga and Zumba ect all free you can do at home

• Farahworld
    Farahworld Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I just saw this youtube video on how to motivate person who hates working out, and it's really a very interesting and helpful video and I immediately remembered you!
    Please watch it you have time!
    he talks a lot, but what he says is gold!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhCsgYkLJE
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you hate working out, I would suggest you forget traditional gym, weights, machines, treadmills etc, at least in the beginning, and look for other activities, where you will not be just you and a routine you should follow.
    Simply planning a long daily walk, or trying to walk instead of driving/using the bus etc is good exercise and might be all that you need.
    If you want something more intense, start by figuring out what is available near you. Pool? Dance, pilates, yoga? Some sport you might enjoy?
    I see you have kids, so depending on their ages, doing things with them, or while they are also exercising might help you stay motivated. Like, walking them to/from school, or going together for bike rides, or walking/jogging/playing ball in the park, taking classes together.
  • ValerieAlvarez53
    ValerieAlvarez53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! What I hate about exercising is the sweating in the Florida heat, unless I'm doing something I really, really enjoy. So, I do belong to a gym and participate in many water exercise classes and dancing type classes along with my other circuit training. It helps the balance. Outside the gym, I love to dance at night, swim, play volley ball in the evening and generally stay in the shade during the hot humid days.
  • oceansmoke
    oceansmoke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Farahworld wrote: »
    I just saw this youtube video on how to motivate person who hates working out, and it's really a very interesting and helpful video and I immediately remembered you!
    Please watch it you have time!
    he talks a lot, but what he says is gold!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhCsgYkLJE

I LOVE Elliot Huss, he's amazing