Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    jdj595 wrote: »
    I will say this to motivate myself again and everyone else. In one year I went from a size 16 to a size 2-4. Felt great. Before I cut calories I worked out weight lifting for 12 weeks

. The first 2 months I went from a size 16 to an 8-10 (I have a big butt and small waist), but only lost 2-3 lbs

LOL

. my trainer complained that I wasn't dieting so I took a month break from weight training and did 1200 cal.

Dropped 12 lbs my first week and 10 lbs every week after.

right, so you we're eating 35000 calories below your maintenance TDEE per week, so that's a defecit of 5000 calories a day...LOL

Went back to the gym for a month, then did the 1200 cal for a month. This whole time I continued dropping weight.

Every month I did a body cleanse for 3 days.

LOL ...what do you think you're cleansing

I would eat fruit for 3 days and water. Nothing else. Made a huge fruit salad and munched constantly for 3 days. Would drop 10 lbs in the 3 days.

now I get it, you're manipulating water weight so every month you'd drop carbs and eat stupid and drop 10lbs water weight only to put it back on

I had glowing skin and abs and looked so sexy. I finally plateaued at 135-140 lbs. solid muscle.

LOL - hypertrophy in a massive defecit and a female ....yeah, no

My goal was 125-130 lbs so I wasn't too happy about getting stuck. But I was a size 2-4. Low fat content and solid compact muscle. No bulk. But life happens and I wAs put on exercise restrictions. Had surgery. Meds and everything made me gain 70 lbs. and that's just after surgery.
    eating more calories makes you put on weight, not following a ridiculous regime makes you put on weight

Activity restrictions made me gain 50 lbs before surgery. I've never been this overweight ever. It's awful. So hard to get motivated again. But we can do it!

I don't believe a single word of this post and I can't let it stand because people reading, who don't know any better, might think there's some sense in it ...when it's just bunkum from start to finish

Whether any of that is true or not, this person hasn't learned to eat at their calorie limit.

Their profile says they have 100lbs to lose.

All of that is a very, very bad example and should not be listened to. :/

She's blaming that on surgery and medication and being unable to exercise, well 70lbs of it anyway
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I will say this to motivate myself again and everyone else. In one year I went from a size 16 to a size 2-4. Felt great. Before I cut calories I worked out weight lifting for 12 weeks. The first 2 months I went from a size 16 to an 8-10 (I have a big butt and small waist), but only lost 2-3 lbs. my trainer complained that I wasn't dieting so I took a month break from weight training and did 1200 cal. Dropped 12 lbs my first week and 10 lbs every week after. Went back to the gym for a month, then did the 1200 cal for a month. This whole time I continued dropping weight. Every month I did a body cleanse for 3 days. I would eat fruit for 3 days and water. Nothing else. Made a huge fruit salad and munched constantly for 3 days. Would drop 10 lbs in the 3 days. I had glowing skin and abs and looked so sexy. I finally plateaued at 135-140 lbs. solid muscle. My goal was 125-130 lbs so I wasn't too happy about getting stuck. But I was a size 2-4. Low fat content and solid compact muscle. No bulk. But life happens and I wAs put on exercise restrictions. Had surgery. Meds and everything made me gain 70 lbs. and that's just after surgery. Activity restrictions made me gain 50 lbs before surgery. I've never been this overweight ever. It's awful. So hard to get motivated again. But we can do it!

I'm a bit confused by your post? You lost 10-12 pounds per week? Went from a size 16 to 8-10 in 8 weeks? Then went to a size 2-4 at 130-140 pounds? Dropped 10 lbs in 3 days? Hmm wish weight loss was that easy!!! I see a red flag.......
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I will say this to motivate myself again and everyone else. In one year I went from a size 16 to a size 2-4. Felt great. Before I cut calories I worked out weight lifting for 12 weeks

. The first 2 months I went from a size 16 to an 8-10 (I have a big butt and small waist), but only lost 2-3 lbs

LOL

. my trainer complained that I wasn't dieting so I took a month break from weight training and did 1200 cal.

right, so you we're eating 35000 calories below your maintenance TDEE per week, so that's a defecit of 5000 calories a day...LOL

Went back to the gym for a month, then did the 1200 cal for a month. This whole time I continued dropping weight.

I would eat fruit for 3 days and water. Nothing else. Made a huge fruit salad and munched constantly for 3 days. Would drop 10 lbs in the 3 days.

now I get it, you're manipulating water weight so every month you'd drop carbs and eat stupid and drop 10lbs water weight only to put it back on

I had glowing skin and abs and looked so sexy. I finally plateaued at 135-140 lbs. solid muscle.

My goal was 125-130 lbs so I wasn't too happy about getting stuck. But I was a size 2-4. Low fat content and solid compact muscle. No bulk. But life happens and I wAs put on exercise restrictions. Had surgery. Meds and everything made me gain 70 lbs. and that's just after surgery.
    eating more calories makes you put on weight, not following a ridiculous regime makes you put on weight

Activity restrictions made me gain 50 lbs before surgery. I've never been this overweight ever. It's awful. So hard to get motivated again. But we can do it!

I don't believe a single word of this post and I can't let it stand because people reading, who don't know any better, might think there's some sense in it ...when it's just bunkum from start to finish

Whether any of that is true or not, this person hasn't learned to eat at their calorie limit.

She's blaming that on surgery and medication and being unable to exercise, well 70lbs of it anyway

CICO, baby. It's still eating more than you should.
  • Sarri93
    Sarri93 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

LOL

That entire post was BS quite frankly. While it might be possible to lose 10-12 pounds a week (I lost 20 pounds one week because I had mono and it hurt to eat Jello) but it's not sustainable (I literally gained it back the next week)

Aaaaand since I got distracted, that's all I remember of what I was going to post.

To keep it on topic, I typically eat back all but 300-500 of my exercise calories. I know my fitbit isn't 100% accurate on the calorie burn, so I don't eat it all back.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I will say this to motivate myself again and everyone else. In one year I went from a size 16 to a size 2-4. Felt great. Before I cut calories I worked out weight lifting for 12 weeks. The first 2 months I went from a size 16 to an 8-10 (I have a big butt and small waist), but only lost 2-3 lbs. my trainer complained that I wasn't dieting so I took a month break from weight training and did 1200 cal. Dropped 12 lbs my first week and 10 lbs every week after. Went back to the gym for a month, then did the 1200 cal for a month. This whole time I continued dropping weight. Every month I did a body cleanse for 3 days. I would eat fruit for 3 days and water. Nothing else. Made a huge fruit salad and munched constantly for 3 days. Would drop 10 lbs in the 3 days. I had glowing skin and abs and looked so sexy. I finally plateaued at 135-140 lbs. solid muscle. My goal was 125-130 lbs so I wasn't too happy about getting stuck. But I was a size 2-4. Low fat content and solid compact muscle. No bulk. But life happens and I wAs put on exercise restrictions. Had surgery. Meds and everything made me gain 70 lbs. and that's just after surgery. Activity restrictions made me gain 50 lbs before surgery. I've never been this overweight ever. It's awful. So hard to get motivated again. But we can do it!

Nope, not buying a word of this. You did not meet the conditions necessary for building muscle in a deficit, you weren't of a size necessary to create a deficit necessary to lose that amount of weight eating 1200 calories a day... everything you are saying is impossible.

The numbers don't work out.

So anyone looking to admire this great effort? Don't. It's all lies.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Sarri93 wrote: »
    To keep it on topic, I typically eat back all but 300-500 of my exercise calories. I know my fitbit isn't 100% accurate on the calorie burn, so I don't eat it all back.

I've eaten back 100% of my Fitbit adjustments for two years, lost the weight—and kept it off. But I also:
    • enabled negative calorie adjustments in my diary settings,
    • log exercise in Fitbit—never MFP, and
    • log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly.

The only way to judge the accuracy of any burns is to eat them back for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress. Food is fuel, and we should all be looking for the maximum number of calories at which we lose weight—never the minimum.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »

I've eaten back 100% of my Fitbit adjustments for two years, lost the weight—and kept it off. But I also:
    • enabled negative calorie adjustments in my diary settings,
    • log exercise in Fitbit—never MFP, and
    • log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly.

The only way to judge the accuracy of any burns is to eat them back for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress. Food is fuel, and we should all be looking for the maximum number of calories at which we lose weight—never the minimum.

I eat on average about 1500 calories a day. But typically anywhere from 1200-1800. I haven't been going at this very long (38 days of logging whoo!) but I've lost about 15 pounds in the past 2 months with what I'm doing. I'm sure it's going to steady out some because I've shocked my body with eating less than I usually do. In the past, I probably got at least 2500-3000 calories a day, which wouldn't have been super awful if I'd have been working that off. But when I'm not exercising, I can't eat that. About a year ago, I had a body analysis done and my BMR was 1550 calories. But I was doing a *kitten* ton of weight training, so I was really muscular. I know I've probably maintained a lot of that over the past year, but since I haven't been lifting (I don't have access to free weights) I've lost a bit of strength. So I'm guessing that my BMR has gone down since then. I suppose I could probably eat the calories back since I have it set for 2 pounds a week loss (which I know is a bit much since I'm only needing to lose ~50 pounds) but I give myself the leeway in case there are things that I don't log for whatever reason. Seasonings I don't log. I know they're typically not going to be super high calorie, but I also sneak the occasional bite of something and depending on what and how often, that can really add up.

But fitbit says my BMR is 1650 calories and I know that's not right.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have it set for 2 pounds a week loss (which I know is a bit much since I'm only needing to lose ~50 pounds) but I give myself the leeway in case there are things that I don't log for whatever reason.

Seasonings I don't log. I know they're typically not going to be super high calorie, but I also sneak the occasional bite of something and depending on what and how often, that can really add up.

1. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the early the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight.

2. If you don't log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly, you have no idea how many calories you're eating.

3. Fitbit does not calculate BMR. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight. Unless you have a Charge HR or Surge, non-step exercise must be logged—either in Fitbit (that's what I do) or in MFP.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I have it set for 2 pounds a week loss (which I know is a bit much since I'm only needing to lose ~50 pounds) but I give myself the leeway in case there are things that I don't log for whatever reason.

Seasonings I don't log. I know they're typically not going to be super high calorie, but I also sneak the occasional bite of something and depending on what and how often, that can really add up.

1. The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the early the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight.

2. If you don't log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly, you have no idea how many calories you're eating.

3. Fitbit does not calculate BMR. Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from that, you will lose weight. Unless you have a Charge HR or Surge, non-step exercise must be logged—either in Fitbit (that's what I do) or in MFP.

But if you're not wearing the fitbit (I had a month where I didn't have one because they were sending me a new one because my old one broke) and that base is the BMR.

If I'm not making a recipe, I don't log seasonings because I don't measure them before adding them. And with the amounts I use and what I use, it's very unlikely that I'm getting even 100 calories from that. As for the sneaking, I don't do it often. I have a container of ice cream in my freezer that I'll occasionally get a spoonful from, but that's not even all that common. I know I'm not being 100% accurate, but I also know that I've still got a deficit most days.

And like I said, I typically eat around 1500 calories a day. I aim for that number, but some days I'll eat more or less. I'm not dieting, I'm just eating what I'm hungry for. Logging just makes me more aware and since I log things before I eat them, it typically makes me stop and think about how much I really want something. I never feel overly hungry. I mean when it's time for me to eat, I feel hungry, but I'm definitely not starving myself or anything.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Nah, as to the bold parts above. I think you've made some big typos. You don't lose actual fat that quickly, and losing quickly is not at all how you gain muscle.

As for the rest: the reason you gained 70 pounds is because you ate enough to gain 70 pounds. It's science.

OP and anyone new, ignore the parts about cleanses. They are 100% unnecessary.

In fact, you might want to ignore all this post because weight loss does not happen that quickly.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    wow amazing story, im doing the same 1200 calorie, i tought i was being too low, i had a baby and gain 40 lbs its been super hard but i know i can do it. If you did it i will do it too.

No, the way jdj is talking about weight loss is 100% unrealistic, and because of science I do not believe that her numbers are even close to accurate.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

LOL

i lolzzz big timee
    Ofcourse this is not true indeed

But we will see
    she is 100 pounds overweight now...so in ten weeks she should have lost it all again with her magic woo diet rofl
    We will see! todays date is 8/30/2015 Lets check on this one rofl Love to follow this one.

OP just CICO is needed that's all.

• Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm eating mine back and it's working well so far... although I feel a bit like I'm cheating for some reason!
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you really want to, yes you can eat your exercise calories :) Craving something special? Have it :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is accurate
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    As was said, 10 lb a week requires 5000 calories a day in deficits. Fat oxidation is generally rate limited by mass, so the general research suggests you can only burn 31 calories per day per pound of body fat (not total mass, body fat).
    So just to be possible to do, you'd need 160 pounds of pure body fat.
    Now, huge amounts of aerobic work might push that 31 higher, but honestly, if you had the aerobic capacity to do so, you wouldn't have much to lose to start with.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    As was said, 10 lb a week requires 5000 calories a day in deficits. Fat oxidation is generally rate limited by mass, so the general research suggests you can only burn 31 calories per day per pound of body fat (not total mass, body fat).
    So just to be possible to do, you'd need 160 pounds of pure body fat.
    Now, huge amounts of aerobic work might push that 31 higher, but honestly, if you had the aerobic capacity to do so, you wouldn't have much to lose to start with.

Science.gif
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 16 to a size 2-4. Felt great. Dropped 12 lbs my first week.

I did this once, it is called giving birth. Not ever doing that again!