still no loss

Options
Hi people,
ive been on a 1200/1400 calories per day, been on this for 3wks 4th next
just tried my scales lost nothing , plus I've been exercising but nothing hard core
but can see my face has lost weightiuaryouqkiql.jpg
fa9i1wxx57lz.jpg
1st pic old, 2nd new
not sure if it muscle weight or something else? ?

Replies

• Dryder1963
    Dryder1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do see the difference in your photos. I too started about 2 week ago and I've knocked down my calorie intake. I don't drink soda anymore and drink more water. I changed to only eating chicken or pork. My goal is to loose about 70 lbs and to build some muscle tone. My exercise routine has not been put into action yet but it's starting this week. I take this one day at a time and I weigh in once a week. Keep up the good work and I believe that you will see changes.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I doubt you've put on muscle if you're eating at a deficit. It's likely water weight. Speaking of deficits, 1200-1400 is what a smaller woman would eat. You look like a relatively big guy, you could eat much more and still lose. The healthy minimum calories for men is 1500.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Definitely a different there, well done.
    Can I just ask how you got to 1200/1400? I'm a female, I'm 5ft2 and even that is too low for me. I'm just concerned that as a man, you're eating far too little and will become quite ill doing this brutally restrictive plan.
  • dressagediva1
    dressagediva1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising hard, then chances are you're transforming fat into muscle which is heavier than fat..
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It is entirely possible that you are eating too little for your size. I would recommend upping your calorie intake for a few days, (start at at least 1500) and see if there is any change. Twice already that has been the key to getting rid of my own personal plateaus.
    There does appear to be a difference in your pics though, so don't get discouraged!
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i agree that your calories might be too low. I'm on 1600 calories & am still losing. i'm 5 feet. Bump up the calories, don't starve yourself. & weigh all your food. it will come off :)
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1) you should be eating a minimum of 1500 calories if you eat to few calories you won't loose weight like you should.

2) if you exercising remember muscle weighs more than fat

3) if eating 1500 calories doesn't make you start loosing weight you might want to check with your doctor for possible issues that make it hard to loose weight such as thyroid and diabetes

4) don't drink any soda including diet. Diet soda causes just as much weight gain as regular soda. As soon as i cut out all soda in my diet i lost almost 10 pounds in less than a month
  • bangme33
    bangme33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I dnt drink soda or gassy filled drinks, v v rarely drink alcohol,
    I do weigh my food, thxs for ur comments and adjustment you can see
    I doubt id have gained muscle yet tho doing cardio type workouts.
    only reason I geg 1200/1400cals is from the this site which calculates
    it
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    What are your stats and activity level? If you don't mind me asking :)
  • BanksySJ11
    BanksySJ11 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Healthy but more. You are at too much of a calorie deficit.
  • bangme33
    Options
    5ft8 252lbs gym 50min when at work when home cardio between 30/50 mins
    Ok for you pinkpixiexox
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that the calorie calculation is off. No man of that size would fail to lose weight at that extremely low calorie level. So eating more probably isn't the answer; it's to calculate more accurately and then reset the calorie level to something more appropriate for a man.
  • bangme33
    Options
    19045453.png
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd be changing your goals in MFP, you really need to eat more calories, more like 2000 & over
    Check http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/ or http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/to see what you really need to eat
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising hard, then chances are you're transforming fat into muscle which is heavier than fat..

That's just false. Fat doesn't turn into muscle. It also weighs the same, fat is just less dense.

OP I think you need to recalculate your calories. 1200-1400 is what I eat and I'm only 5"2. You should be eating way more. Try re-doing your profile. I can definitely see a difference in your face. Is your scale working (eg not low on batteries)? And you're weighing yourself under the same conditions?
  • bangme33
    Options
    Scales are not the battery type,
    just stand on, typically the ones you find in doctors surgeries
  • PinkPixiexox
    Options
    You are eating way, way too little.

I'm a 5'2 female, work -out 4 times a week and I'm eating 1500 calories and losing. Your diet is incredibly restrictive :(
  • bangme33
    Options
    Complete a cardio and weight workout,
    losts 3 lbs to date
  • sartinben
    sartinben Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried intermittent fasting? Fat will melt off but it is kinda difficult and requires ALOT of will power.