I am a long way from goal but Ive said goodbye to 35lbs

Options
Today i stood on the scale and seen a number i have not seen since i was 18 years old. I am currently 29.
My end goal is 122 pounds lost so i still have a few more steps. I am a mere 16 pounds away from seeing Onederland.

I have been logging faithfully on myfitnesspal for 100 days.

Don't give up. The scale is not proof of success or failure. They say age is just a number and so is the number on the scale. I would not be where i am now and on my way to where i am going to be if i let the numbers i see define what i do and how i feel. Every month between the 20th and the 10th of the following month my scale not only never goes down but it goes up and stays up for 2 weeks. But i keep true to my calorie goal and excersize when my body will allow. And that effort has been rewarded.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic. I am a recovering binge eater. I would eat 5000-6000 calories a day most days of the week. If i had money, i would spend everything i could on take out food and tell myself those meals "didn't count" because they were outside of what i bought for groceries. I was eating so much that i couldn't afford the amount of insulin my body needed to keep my sugars regular so instead of using insulin, i took nothing. I bought more take out food instead. The result of 10 years of not taking any medication for my diabetes has left me visibly damaged with diabetic ulcers on my legs which have shown no signs of healing, they have had infections and been a constant pain not only physically but emotionally. If you are diabetic or prediabetic please take it seriously, there is a lot of complications that can't be seen that can happen but it can also hurt you on the outside as well, take control now, try new things, there is a world of low carb and tasty options out there.

It took help from professionals to help me with the binge eating. I have not binged in 100 days.
Due to the extreme case of my diabetes i have faithfully taken my insulin every day now because i can now afford it due to no longer binge eating. I have taken control. this first 35 pound loss has been the result of hard work. My blood sugars are normal again and now maybe i can spend the rest of my journey helping my body to heal.

Knock your own obstacles out of the ball park, don't let a disease or an eating disorder define who you are because if you go out there and keep trying and searching you will find the help you need to get started and reach each goal you set.

Enjoy this journey, don't rush through it. Its a lifestyle change, so this should be your life now. Do not pick a diet that you can't spend the rest of your life with. You need to love what youre doing, and be able to appreciate and make friends with each step down, the things you learn a long the way can only be learned over time not over night and they are things you will take with you when you reach you goal to be able to keep the weight off.

So here is to my next 35lbs.
To my next 100 days.
To hopefully in the end beating diabetes.
And to everyone else who is on their own journey and kicking *kitten*.

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Well done! So glad you're taking your diabetes seriously. Binge eating is a hard thing to tackle, I struggle with emotional eating myself. Kudos to you for treating this like a lifestyle change and not a diet.

5criry1yzuqm.gif

• julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow what a success and I don't mean the weight loss! Keep up with your new life style. You are worth it
  • Treasureslide
    Treasureslide Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So glad that you are healing, thankyou fir the inspirational sharing of your story, well done.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great story! So proud of your new mindset and new healthy goals!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for taking your life back! Very inspiring!
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic job dealing with the binges and taking your insulin - it is so important!
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank-you for sharing. I know you have save someone life today, who was going through and feeling the same way. We all have our struggles. We are in this together. I am so glad you changed before it was too late.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    you go girl
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...such inspiration! Happy for your success so far--you will be a shining light for others on similar paths, able to inspire and give hope instead of shame. Bless you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Great job. I think if one can lose 35 pounds they can reach any realistic weight loss goal. You are encouraging for sure.
  • lesenneck55
    lesenneck55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done keep up the good work!!!
  • EttaWB
    EttaWB Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You rock! Congrats for everything it took to be where you are now. Wishing you the best as you continue the journey. You are an inspiration and proof that we can do whatever we put our minds to. Even if it requires getting help. Commendable.
  • jdmcrx513
    jdmcrx513 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up. I hope I can get to my 35lb mile stone. I need to lose a minimum of 80 lbs. Stick with it congrats
  • YesssHoney
    YesssHoney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go you! This was the encouragement I needed! Yasss honey!,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!