Switching from weight watchers

Options
I just switched from weight watchers to MFP, one thing I think I am going to miss is the weekly points. I would usually save them for the weekends does anyone have any advice on what to do without them?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Maybe save 100 calories per day for the weekend. Or don't eat back exercise calories but enjoy some extra calories on the weekend.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Surely points are worth a certain amount of calories? So as the poster above suggested, save calories? Eat fewer calories through the week and save extra for the weekend. Or do a really big workout/go for a long walk at the weekend.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Welcome!!

I did WW years and years ago. It is pretty much the exact same thing as MFP, just wrapped up in nicer packaging.

Losing weight is all calories in vs. calories out. So do exactly what you did on WW. You saved some points for the weekends? Awesome - I personally love this approach. Then save some calories for the weekends.

For example, if you daily calorie goal is 1500 per day, that equals 10,500 per week.

You can eat exactly 1500 per day and do no exercise, OR
    eat 1300 per day Monday - Friday, and 2000 each day on Saturdays and Sundays, OR
    eat 1800 every single day with 300 calories worth of exercise every single day, net 1500 OR
    Eat 1700 5 days per week. Have 2200 on weekends. Decide to take up running, weight lifting, (something fairly intense) 4 days exercise per week, burning 600 calories each day. You eat 12,900, have burnt 2,400 in the week.

In any of these 4 scenarios you still consume/net 10,500 per week. And so long as that is less than what your body requires (TDEE) in a week, then your weight will drop over time.

All WW did for you was assign a number to food and exercise. Now, you are assigning calories to your food and exercise. If WW gave you 24 points per day, MFP gives you (insert your own calorie target here) "points" per day, called calories. What you need to do with the numbers to lose weight, and how you manage that for your own journey is exactly the same.
  • angelenagurl86
    angelenagurl86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • YesssHoney
    YesssHoney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice ideas posted!