Self control 4 the weekend

Options
This is gonna be my first weekend on my diet and im kinda scared that i will lose self control especially since the hubby and I have a date night at Lucille's Barbeque. Thats 1 of my favorite places to eat! Hes been out of town on business so ive been able to manage making my own diet meals since hes been gone. Also my hubby likes (putting the blame on him) to eat out at nice resturants and fast food places when hes home. Hes the kind that will bring me a donut and coffee in the morning. so any advice to have to have some self control would be greatly appreciative

Replies

• Hpaysnoe
    Hpaysnoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Drinking a lot of water before hand can help. Sometimes when I go out I'll order what I want and then when it comes to my table, I'll cut my meat to the right portion size and then separate out my taters and what not to what I know I can afford to eat. Then you can ask for a togo container right away and get the extra food out of your sight so it's not tempting! Or, you can work out really hard before you go so you have a few extra calories to enjoy! :) Make good choices! Have fun with your hubby tonight!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    get grilled chicken or skinless bbq chicken without the sauce....and compliment it with some greens....have a glass of wine, or a light beer and you should be ok....
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Try making your weigh in days Monday that way you'll behave :)
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I usually get in a good workout before with something like that... or get a salad - as boring as they are at restaurants! But, a salad that you didn't have to make ALWAYS tastes so much better! Also, always ask for any dressings or sauces on the side, then use sparingly on your own. They always put 10x more on that you really need to get the flavor.

Just being aware of what you are eating helps a ton IMO. You think twice about having fries instead of chips, etc.
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eat light and healthy for breakfast and lunch and save calories for the nice restaurant, how about that?
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    Oooh, I love Lucille's bbq, but what a difficult place for a dieter. I'd say avoid things like the pulled pork sandwich so you don't get all those bread calories. Maybe brisket with veggies or something. The tough part is to avoid the biscuits and cinnamon butter. Maybe work out beforehand so you can treat yourself to half a biscuit. :-)
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I will sometimes eat a meal bar before I go so I am kind of full and won't eat too much. I also go to the website to check the nutrition facts to find something under 700 calories. My hubby doesn't eat healthy or watch calories so he tempts me all the time too. MOST places have something half-way healthy. I usually go for the plain grilled chicken sandwich which is a safe bet.
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Weekends and vacations are always my hardest times, especially when you're really needing that break after a tough period of time.

Really, you just have to be tough and disciplined as difficult as that may seem. For example. While I'm sitting here reading your post, having just finished my salmon fillet and veg, my wife just walked in with a huge cheesy pizza. Like always, she offered me a piece and as easy as it is to say yes i force myself to say NO, as the guilt I'll feel afterwards will really wind me up!
    You have to take the same approach with the BBQ and the donut in the morning, trust me it'll feel so much better when you get to your ideal weight than the instant good feeling a quick fix of bad food gives.

Keep it up!
  • FinallyGetFit
    Options
    Thank u so much for all those great ideas. most of them i didnt think of, so that will help out a lot. I feel better knowing that there r different ways of controlling myself. it is hard when ur the only 1 in ur household dieting.
  • Adenham70
    Adenham70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sis, u wil b fine.... just make sure u do ur workout or part of it. Don't feel to guilty but I think once ur sitting at the table n u order u will probably think twice of what ur about to eat lol... that would b good enjoy it but don't over indulge urself plus make sure u chew ur food!! LUV U
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Occasional indulgence doesn't make people fat nore does it keep them from losing weight. Be warned that most food places are hog and trough style meaning they serve a serving that will satisfy the status quo fat person. People would not frequent a place that serves 4 oz of steak or chicken. or 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes or another veggie. Now as to pulled pork? I'm going full bore and getting the normal sandwich if its what i want. It may be several months before i have another so i'm going to splurge. We don't eat out much because we like knowing what is in our food and the best way to know that is to prepare it yourself. Me and my wifes cooking is far superior to any restaurant. No public place can make BBQ taste as good as i can or my wife and the reason we very seldom eat out. Enjoy your meal and move on.