Hello all, First time user and I love this site!!!

Options
I think this site rocks. I have always found that writing down what I eat helps me to be more honest with my food choices. I hope to share my trials and tribulations with my once again diet regimen. Look forward to reading the message board for helpful hints and new ideas to foods I can eat. Have to be careful not to get hung up on the same old DIET foods but rather try new foods and combinations of foods. Going to take this diet 1 week at a time and 10 #s at a time. Thank you all for being out there and sharing your stories.

Replies

• sunflowermom2
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will learn that this site is your best friend in this journey. Good luck. Don't think of it as a diet it is a lifestyle change!
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    It is an amazing site! I have learend a lot and will carry a lot of sound wisdom with me. Carrying wisdom is better than carrying fat :-)
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will learn that this site is your best friend in this journey. Good luck. Don't think of it as a diet it is a lifestyle change!
    You took the words right out of my mouth "DIET":explode: I almost cringe when I hear that word now because I have used it so much in my pass and heard it so much from others saying "are you still on your diet?":ohwell: Uggghhhh I hate that word. Lifestyle change is the only way to refer to this great choice.....and yes welcome to MFP you will love it!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Rosie609
    Rosie609 Posts: 3
    Options
    Well said!! This is a life style change! Love MFP!
  • cgcortezrn
    cgcortezrn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right, I need to get out of the habit of thinking that I am on the dreaded DIET but rather a new way to live and eat. Time to kick those bad habits right out the door and bring in the new and exciting ways to live and eat. Thanks for your "so true" words.
  • Deegoodlife
    Options
    Hello, I am new :smile: to this site. I hope this will be a great place to connect with people and learn that weight loss is a commitment and science. I have recently lost 112 lbs.... have gained a few back (20) and have deiced to see a nutritionist and really get a hold on what I should and shouldn't eat although I do know the answer has to do with what is between our ears.... WHY DO WE OVER EAT is the big question.
    I go to the gym about 6 times a week I have made that commitment three months ago. I had committed to Medifast and that is how I lost all that weight . I stopped several months ago. I didn't want to be on Medifast for the rest of my life I want to be realistic and I truly do not want to gain the weight back...which can happen.So I have to figure out a way to exercise and eat right all the time. The nutritionist would like me to lose 60 more lbs which she said I should do in a year...Of course a year is way to long for me. But I do understand that it should be a life style and this is a journey. Any how... here I am she recommended this sight and I am a willing spirit . Of course with the help of God I hope to finish this journey and reach my GOAL.... so Thank you for being here .....Hugs to all DEEGOODLIFE